Mirror (No, The other One)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mirror (No, The other One)

Post by Logi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Been getting steadily pissed off with the amount of peeps who have badly adjusted headlights behind me, every bloody morning there must be 4 or 5 as i drive up the road. And usually one of the arseholes decides that rather than pass me on the empty outside lane of the motorway they'd rather just sit behind me. Mad This is where the lack of a dipping interior mirror on the Hijet becomes a problem.(after May ish it ceases to be a prob cos it's light enough when i'm going to work not to have lights on)
So, today i decided enough was enough, scrappy time, Twisted Evil You'd think the ball socket for an interior mirror would be standard? Evil or Very Mad
But, after some searching, if you want to change yours, Mondeo or Focus ones fit. I needed to remove the mirror arm and press the ball into the socket with the vice, the Daihatsu one has a wee screw to tighten it up, the Ford one is just an interference fit. But it popped in and is perfect. 6.25 am tomorrow will be better than today Very Happy
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror (No, The other One)

Post by PFM on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:14 pm

So now, if someone says you're a bit dippy.......

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Not that's a good mod. I was thinking about one out of an fto because they have map reading lights built in.

Not = Now (bastard auto predictive text on my phone)

Last edited by HighlyJetted on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Big battery torch facing backwards always does the trick I have found or better still on the pickups roof a carefully adjusted working light is good too -- so long as it isnt a copper in an unmarked car behind Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm

This is what I like about the search facility. Having been blinded by some ignoramous sat on my tail for several miles the other night, I though 'I really need a dipping mirror.' Quick search of the forum and here's the answer. OK nearly five years old but still very relevant. Cheers Logi.

John.
biofos
Clubman

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:54 am

On a similar note, why don't moderns have handbrakes? I'm getting fed up of sitting in a queue of traffic and being blinded by the dozens of LED's triggered by the brake pedal of the idiot in front.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:52 am

Guaranteed to make the driver behind dip his headlights when pointed rearward with 1000 Lumens of LED and a range of 500 - 600 yards. Just as long as the car behind doesn't have blue lights on the roof or concealed in the radiator grille.
Woodie
Jet Addict

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:42 pm

New post by PFM Today at 7:54 am
On a similar note, why don't moderns have handbrakes? I'm getting fed up of sitting in a queue of traffic and being blinded by the dozens of LED's triggered by the brake pedal of the idiot in front.
This relatively new phenomena is to do with stop/start technology (I have it in my other vehicle) and as the driver I don't like this consequence. One of the sensors for stop/start tecnology is the brake light switch. When the car comes to a halt with the brakes applied the system will switch off the engine and it remains switched off until one of a few things happen - one of them being the brake pedal being released. So to maintain the engine in the stopped state the driver has to keep the brake pedal pressed down. It's got nothing to do with the handbrake; this can be on or off. If I see that my super bright LED's are probably blinding the bloke behind I'll release my footbrake whereon the engine restarts thus defeating a very questionable fuel saving gizmo. The handbrake (also automatic) stays on until I press the accelerator. It's all wonderful until it interferes with someone else or it goes wrong. As I live in a relatively quiet area (read middle of nowhere) I have the stop/start system enabled. If I'm venturing to a high population area like Leeds, I disable it as it's a bleedin' nuisance in dense traffic. But of course I've got to remember to do this.
biofos
Clubman

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 am

Yes Biofos. It's a bit like all of us who have fitted a Fan override switch - ACTUALLY REMEMBERING to turn it on when approaching standing or slow moving traffic. The older you get the worse it gets - as only OLDIE can attestify to - - too. lol!
Woodie
Jet Addict

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks Bio, I hadn't thought of that. Our Toyota will turn it's engine off when stationary without the brake being depressed, and re-starts when the clutch is depressed. I have never tried sitting with my foot on the brake pedal to observe any effects.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top