Mirror (No, The other One)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mirror (No, The other One)

Post by Logi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Been getting steadily pissed off with the amount of peeps who have badly adjusted headlights behind me, every bloody morning there must be 4 or 5 as i drive up the road. And usually one of the arseholes decides that rather than pass me on the empty outside lane of the motorway they'd rather just sit behind me. Mad This is where the lack of a dipping interior mirror on the Hijet becomes a problem.(after May ish it ceases to be a prob cos it's light enough when i'm going to work not to have lights on)
So, today i decided enough was enough, scrappy time, Twisted Evil You'd think the ball socket for an interior mirror would be standard? Evil or Very Mad
But, after some searching, if you want to change yours, Mondeo or Focus ones fit. I needed to remove the mirror arm and press the ball into the socket with the vice, the Daihatsu one has a wee screw to tighten it up, the Ford one is just an interference fit. But it popped in and is perfect. 6.25 am tomorrow will be better than today Very Happy
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror (No, The other One)

Post by PFM on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:14 pm

So now, if someone says you're a bit dippy.......

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Not that's a good mod. I was thinking about one out of an fto because they have map reading lights built in.

Not = Now (bastard auto predictive text on my phone)

Last edited by HighlyJetted on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Big battery torch facing backwards always does the trick I have found or better still on the pickups roof a carefully adjusted working light is good too -- so long as it isnt a copper in an unmarked car behind Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top