Re: Woody's Bargain Basement £150 SE Jet

Post by Brungle on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Brungle
Chatterbox

http://sweatvan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 pm

That looks pretty good for £150, rust and running depending I'd sell that as a complete car.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Yep, if thats not a piloshyte underneath it's well worth saving.
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:07 am

It is as sound as a bell underneath with a new silencer and cat but as I mentioned when I bought it ( Hi-Jet with Strange Plastic front bumper and trims) the exhaust was steaming well though running on all three. I mentioned that it had done 108,000 miles too.
Thought it could be condensation in exhaust as it had been stood for 15 months. But after a short while the all to familiar hunting started so warm up device not getting any hot water.( last Friday when I last ran it )

This morning it struggled to start immediately as it had done previously but after a couple of revolutions-- hydraulic lock-- away it went----- Like Guy Gibson on the Dambusters raid-- it flung enough water out of the exhaust system to flood the entire Ruhr Valley. It was running sweetly very quickly on all three ----
chucking out enough steam to run Mallard on its 126 mph world speed record so one naturally deduces that the head gasket has gone---- on Holiday I reckon.

So to your suggestion of saving it sadly I haven't the time or the inclination.
The wheels are what I wanted and S/Wheel and other bits. Anyway Spoiler if off first thing in the morning as well.

From the staining on the front and middle seats the sunroofs both leak but the rear folding one is beautiful. So no its for the chop. All that will leave my yard is a COMPLETELY BARE BODYSHELL.

I know its a crime in some of your eyes and if I was younger and had some spare time I would probably do it as I have every thing to put it right including a beautiful 54,000 mile lump and good set of seats but with all the
other 14 Hi-Jets I have I just haven't got the time. SORRY !!! Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:14 am

BY the way --- in that last picture thats not rust or green gunge on the side.
It is the reflection of another Hijet ( you can see the wheel trim ) and all the damn stinging nettles alongside.
Its really pretty rust free except drivers side inner wheel arch by the footwell.

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Have you ever though to cut the shells up to make some repair panels? I would be interested in the bits at the front/bottom of both front footwells and the inner bit below both rear side windows as I could make them but as it would take me all day to make them without the welding it would save me loads of time.
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi Rich. Yes of course I could do that for you. Shame you havent mentioned it before because in the past 10 days I have sent 2 to the graveyard.
The SE has got rot as I mentioned in the O/S wheel arch where it meets the floor pan/footwell. Rear window sections are ok though.

What about the logistics of getting the bits to you though ?
I have got a couple to chop up in the next month. If you post pictures of the areas you need cut out then I can do that and when I have a good few bits could put them in a packing case and send them to you.

Best thing is give me a ring and have a chat on how I can help out.
07970 391876.

Back to top Go down

Post by craig2859 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:08 am

I am after a few parts if it is possible to post across to Poole Dorset?

1. Passenger side door handle - Inside grey one
2. Driver side rear sliding door mechanism - whole part, in and out [Mine opens from the inside but not the outside?]
3. Aerial [Mine has snapped]
4. Drivers side Mirror [Mine is cracked]

Let me know if this is possible Woody?

Cheers pal

craig2859
Centurion

https://store.bisimulations.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi Craig. 11-45pm. Only just opened up my PC. Have had 15hr long day today at my yard so quite tired.
Internal door handle no problem, door mechanism should be ok too but not sure about outside door handle as stock of them very low. Will check tomorrow for you.
I cant spare a mirror I am afraid --- proverbial Hens Teeth. I am always in need of them for my sales Hi-Jets.
I dont think I have ever had a van for breaking without a broken aerial.

I think HJ or Rich put a post on last week about a source of very reasonably
priced new ones.
Can you give me a ring in the day --any when to suit you to find out EXACTLY what parts you need for the door mechanism. Cheers. Woody.
My mobile is 07970 391876.
I will have a look back and see if I can find the Aerial source for you and send you a message with the deatails ---- if I can stay awake. Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by biketuna on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:10 am

I'll buy it off you as is and you can make a profit...

biketuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi B.T. Thank you for your offer but as is ---- is minus Alloy Wheels, 4 Spoke Steering Wheel, radiator, rear folding seat, Rear Spoiler, all the door trims, some handles and other bits and pieces.

I only bought it for the wheels originally but there were so many useful bits on it I needed. The engine's head gasket is a leaker too. I do have a good 54,000 mile engine for it available.

I know it' a crime to break such a rare beast but I dont have the time or motivation to restore it.

I have been told I may well make my original outlay on the bodykit alone.
Time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Woody I will take some pics of the bits I need as for delivery when are you travelling through Essex I live just off the M11 so depending on your route and travel I may be able to offer a pit stop for you if not I'm sure we can come up with something I'm not desperate for the bits the bits inside the windows have been like it since before we got it and the foot well bits have only just got to the point of needing to be replaced.
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:29 pm

OK thank you Rich. Thank you. I intend to start the rest of the stripdown towards the end of 
next week and then I have two VANS to take to bits -- both white. If there are bits that you need sooner let me know and I can send them to you. 

I will await your piccies then . Glad to be of help. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 am

HI RICH . I HAVE POSTED YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR RADIATOR ISSUES SO HAVE A 
GANDER AT MY IDEAS. --- WOODY

Back to top Go down

Post by craig2859 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Woody,

Currently on hold with the parts for the Hi-Jet - as I am away with Business, and also in the process of having a new kitchen fitted.  Will let you know when I get back to some Hi-Jet work [Garage is currently full of the Kitchen]

Cheers,
craig2859
Centurion

https://store.bisimulations.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Thank you very much for letting me know Craig. No problem at all. 
When you are ready -- just send me a post or call. When is not important and perhaps by then you may be lucky with me finding some more Jets for Spares. 

Good luck with your House work -- dont forget your pinny !! Very Happy:bounce:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top