Query about using Paypal.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Query about using Paypal.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 pm

As usual my lack of PC knowledge has got me puzzled. In the past ten days or so I have sent out 5 parcels and taken payment by Paypal. Just as an example I sold an old Lucas Headlight for £25 plus £13 postage so £38 in total.
All that shows up on my Paypal account is £25 -- no postage money and going back through all of my Paypal transactions none of the postage charges have been credited to my account.
Anyone know if I am missing doing something or am I being ripped off.
Does anyone know what I must do to retrieve the postage charges on a regular basis and all the other 10 transactions they owe me for. Helpless, Hopeless, Horace. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

Be very grateful if anyone can give me some advice.

Back to top Go down

Re: Query about using Paypal.

Post by waz on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Have you been billing the total cost or the item cost + postage?
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:04 pm

I think you may have the answer there waz. I always include the cost of the item and postage in the advert total. But I only discovered with the petrol tank for PFM the other day how to send an invoice, but there was with that one no carriage charge as he is organizing pickup and carriage.
Do you think that it is the problem and if so how the heck do I go about getting all the money back they owe me ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

If you bill the total cost then you have to pay the percentage charge
on that too ( the postage.)

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:39 pm

All money transactions have a paypal fee percentage involved.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:16 pm

PayPal charge you fee on money coming in to your account, they don't charge the payee to send. The fee is a percentage of the total coming in.. So small payments are pence, big payments a few quid.
BUT wouldn't have thought they'd take £13 off for a £38 spend.
How do you pay for your postage?
Do you do it thru eBay for postage it's self?
Or do you go thru post office online who don't take PayPal?
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:29 am

Parcel is sent by post and cost £12.95 to send so overall cost is £38 which is the sum Paypal HAVE received but only credited my account with the £25 which they charge the 3.4% on but the postage should be the full £13paid into the account but in every case they haven't credited the postage to my account although the have received it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:40 am

You shouldn't have to pay percentage on the postage only the sale price item but in EVERY case they have received postage costs from my customer but NOT credited it to my account.
So far I am £80 odd out of pocket on unpaid postage.

Time for Watchdog again ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 am

Just to clarify again I get an Email from EBay saying that I have received a payment of £38 for Headlight sold to Ralph ----, but immediately check my Paypal account and only the £25 has been credited to my Paypal account, so where the hell has the £13 gone?

And this has happened every time now but you can't check back more than 31 days on your account--- which obviously doesn't show the postage credit anyway.
I just don't know how to resolve this or how to go about it.
Any further help or input would be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am

PayPal payment should include postage. You should be charged a percentage of the amount, postage too. Not that much though. How are you paying for the outgoing postage? Do you use Ebay "Print Postage" option? That will take money from your account.
Your PayPal transaction history over 31 days is available. Click on "Archive" to see it.
Put up a link to one of your finished auctions.
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 am

Post a link to one of your ebay items so I can see how they are listed.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:52 am

when i rarely sell stuff on ebay, i get the full amount, never gets split.
i dont use ebays postage because last time i tried it fecked up so i use POffice direct online or interparcel.com

i have a feeling this is the ebay postage taking what you state is postage in your item WHEN the listing finishes.. you need to check if there is some kind of box ticked that lets ebay take this money automatically.
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:02 am

Woddy... when did you become a ebay seller?
it looks like payments are held back for new sellers.....

http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Packaging-Shipping/Shipping-Label-Purchases/1000347589
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi LP . I have been on Ebay for over a year now and I thought that the money from the sale item was listed on the total recieved and then the money they recieved for the postage was then added to your account as they shouldnt be charging precentage on the postage as it is an expense you have forked out for and not incoming money from the sale.

Something is radically wrong here and they owe me guite a bit of dosh for 10 or 11 parcels I have paid postage on to the Post office and they have kept the cash for themselves. I am out of pocket over £80 over the last year.

Thank you for the link and I will try and contact them. I dont know if you saw Watchdog a few weeks ago but a mate of mine Keith Rogers here on the Island was nearly bankrupted by them because the held on to £ 99,000 of his for his Super Loo business for the Festivals on the Island and elsewhere in the country. It was only through Watchdog that he got his money back off the thieving cretins.Loads of other people got ripped off or accounts stopped over as little as 99p. They really are a despicable company to deal with.

Back to top Go down

Post by waz on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 pm

I saw the watchdog program, felt sorry for the block with the loo's PP are very hard to deal with when you have a problem and trying to get a response from them is like catching smoke. I think that trading standers have no sway with them either as, I think, they operate from Luxembourg
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:37 pm

If you actually read PayPal T&C's you wouldn't use it.
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:56 pm

I am sure you are right Logi,Trouble is what alternative do you have ? Direct bank transfer means giving strangers your bank details.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:32 pm

What are they going to do with your bank details other than pay money in?!
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 am

Here is another way around things woody.
Post the item & inc the postage. While listing it set to free postage.
If u get someone pick up, refund that bit back.
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

HighlyJetted wrote:What are they going to do with your bank details other than pay money in?!

Thank you Matt. As you know I am still but a learner when it comes to all this-- whereas your generation were brought up with it - similar to you teething on modern vehicles with Fuel Injection and me with the old rubbish they built in the 40' 50'
& 60's and had the absolute nerve to call it " British Workmanship". You will all probably have realised by now I try not to use bad language in the "Public domain" but I think that " British Workmanshit" would have been more appropriate.

I have been led to believe from the hundreds of cases I have seen and read about that there unfortunately people out there who do nothing but get hold of peoples private details and clear their bank accounts out or even more slyly draw small amounts out each month.
My work colleague David I do the roofing with --- his wife had over £3600 stolen out of her account 2 months ago --- so call me paranoid if you want but what the heck do you do you do for the best.
Is there a foolproof way of giving some one your details to make a money transfer without the risk of the details being used. I don't know.
I have a Gold Credit card but I only use it for a Power Tool company use regularly AND PayPal if there is no money in my
PayPal account to pay for Ebay or Wightbay adverts.

If any of you have any suggestions--- then I would welcome them from you most humbly. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:06 am

You don't get any protection from your card supplier when using PayPal. One of the terms it pays to read...
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 am

Logi wrote:You don't get any protection from your card supplier when using PayPal. One of the terms it pays to read...

OK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH LOGI. LOOKS LIKE I AM LEARNING THE HARD WAY--- AS USUAL!!!Embarassed Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:59 am

leopard_pagan wrote:Woddy... when did you become a ebay seller?
it looks like payments are held back for new sellers.....

http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Packaging-Shipping/Shipping-Label-Purchases/1000347589

THANK YOU AGAIN LP. I HAVE LOOKED AT THE ABOVE LINK AND THERE ARE OVER 6,400 QUERIES ON THERE ABOUT PAYPAL PROBLEMS . ABSOLUTELY MIND BOGGLING AND LITTLE CHANCE OF OF SORTING OR GETTING MY MONEY BACK IT WOULD SEEM UNLESS THE 3 KIND SOULS I HAVE EMAILED A COPY OF THE LAST STATEMENT I HAVE RECEIVED CAN SPOT IF I AM DOING --OR NOT DOING SOMETHING CORRECTLY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:06 pm

QUITE HONESTLY THIS IS REALLY MAKING ME THINK TWICE ( AT THE LEAST ) ABOUT BOTHERING TO DO ADVERTISING OF HI-JET SPARES --- IF IT WASNT FOR THE FACT THAT I WOULD FEEL DREADFUL ABOUT NOT HELPING SOME OF YOU KIND HI-JET OWNERS WITH SOME OF THE LIMITED PARTS I DO HAVE AT THE MOMENT. WOODY.

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 pm

stick to cash lol

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Send me a link woody to one of your listings.

Your just screwing something up with your computer skills and wisdom.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:55 pm

I sent one earlier Matt by email to you of the email PayPal sent me showing the £38 they had received but I only got the £25 for the item. I will look back on my PC and find the reference number( I am sending this from my tablet.)

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 pm

How odd, that invoice seems normal.

I would give them a call:-

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Thank you so much Matt for your kind help. Very sorry to be taking up so much over your valuable time. Much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Sorry I can't help, done a bit of googling and I can't find an obvious answer.

It is very odd they are retaining your postage funds.

I would get onto them if I were you!
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top