i broke my wrist!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: i broke my wrist!

Post by elfin girl on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:02 pm

well it was always painfull anyway so doubt ill notice anything different there, the pain i get in my bones periodicaly are (what i now know) no different to the pain of a broken wrist, the only time it has been excruciating is when they gave me morphine, and i expect surgery didnt help!
found my diclofenac gel so will massage that in when im sat watching the tv should help relax the muscles and reduce inflamation.
at least im able to do a bit more crafting now, no metal work yet but hopefully soon
and then i need to remember what i was going to do with the van next!
elfin girl
Cinquecento

https://www.facebook.com/bydonellamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:07 pm

It's cos yer old, you don't heal as well now........ Razz

Trouble is when you break something you tear tendons that are then allowed to heal stuck in one position. When I got the cast off my leg a couple of years ago, after 3 months of it on I went to walk away and promptly fell on my face cos my ankle didn't work.
Physio is a bassa, I had a girl inflict more pain on me than I can normally afford........ Wink 2 years later and I still get trouble(though I did the other leg in a bike accident about 10 years ago and it's been fine.
Morphine's fuckin grrreat Laughing
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:19 pm

I broke my one bone in my shin just above my right ankle with a motorbike and was cast up to the hip for months before the cast was redone to below the knee and then it was a month or three like that. They didn't arange the physio properly as it wasn't my local hospital and the I was supposed to go to Whipps Cross  pale  and I was cycling a lot at the time and the muscle wastage was so much so that the right leg I can straighten and touch my toes no probs but on the left I can only get just past my ankle 12 years or so on and less cycling. I ended up limping for a couple of years and very rare I have any probs with my ankle.
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:37 pm

we're all a bunch of broken crocks!!
i had my feet operated on when i was 16 and had a similar situation when they took the plaster off, i recon they just think its funny... remove plaster.. then tell patient to get up and walk... giggle when they fall flat on their face!
i will get movement back eventualy, hopefully sooner than later as its going to severly affect the dog grooming, you realy need to be a bit of a contortionist when it comes to scissoring the poodles and bichons!
im flexing and stretching till it swells up a few times a day, it is improving. not strong enought to drive yet, now i miss power stearing!
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:53 am

Yeah, I find I'm not flexible enough for scissoring bitches these days either... Wink
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Given up the kilt then?  Wink 

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:47 pm

woohooo, with the splint on i can now drive, well.. now ive remembered to MOT it :-/ luckily it just had advisory on cracked numberplate and faded front indicators :-)
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:06 pm

You can drive a Hijet with any injury Wink I drove mine with my (right) leg in plaster  Twisted Evil 
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:29 pm

yes it would have been possible to drive with the plaster on but not legal so would have invalidated the insurance!
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:07 pm

daisydon wrote:yes it would have been possible to drive with the plaster on but not legal so would have invalidated the insurance!

Insurance? Overrated.  Laughing 
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top