Mighty quiet round here, winter warning

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mighty quiet round here, winter warning

Post by HighlyJetted on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:37 pm

tornas wrote:HighlyJetted, how is your Hijet-with-a-motorcycle-heart freak project doing?

Brought it home last week as it was dumped on my parents drive, and my mum was getting fed up with it being there for 2 months.

So brought it home on a car transporter truck, ragged it up and down the road a few times, now its dumped on the drive at the new house.

Next year I will get round to replacing the rear axle for one with a better ratio. I don't drive it because the diff ratio is a killer!

I also have a house renovation project on the go, loads of structural alterations all done, and then all the plumbing, wiring, plastering, joinery all done. Fitted a new kitchen, a bathroom, oak floors, loads of tiles. Just decoration to do before Christmas family arrive.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:35 am

I think that's what it translates to.....
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 am

Laughing i have seen it 2...good buy
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:34 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:
tornas wrote:HighlyJetted, how is your Hijet-with-a-motorcycle-heart freak project doing?

Brought it home last week as it was dumped on my parents drive, and my mum was getting fed up with it being there for 2 months.

So brought it home on a car transporter truck, ragged it up and down the road a few times, now its dumped on the drive at the new house.

Next year I will get round to replacing the rear axle for one with a better ratio. I don't drive it because the diff ratio is a killer!

I also have a house renovation project on the go, loads of structural alterations all done, and then all the plumbing, wiring, plastering, joinery all done. Fitted a new kitchen, a bathroom, oak floors, loads of tiles. Just decoration to do before Christmas family arrive.

So plenty of time at Christmas to do the axle then?
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Think I might build my new workshop first.

I was thinking about underfloor heating in the workshop, spend a lot of time crawling about on the floor.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Manuel_nl wrote:
Lex_Michdebus wrote:
PFM wrote:Am guessing here, but does that dutch translate to 'What is there not to like'?

"Why didn't you get it before I could?"

Well I don't think I need it. The PDF manuals are sufficient for me. I've now space to work on the car anyhow

HighlyJetted wrote:Think I might build my new workshop first.

I was thinking about underfloor heating in the workshop, spend a lot of time crawling about on the floor.

I'm almost done building my space. No more crawling! Hopefully it doesn't turn into a bbq...
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas on Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:30 pm

tornas wrote:The Jet is doing fine. Driving it once a week without issues. VAT is due this month and I think she will pass.
Yeah she didn't. Brake pressure was too low and the headlights needed adjusting. Furthermore some small things like filling up the windshield washer fluid (that's what it's called in Engish?) Took them a few days to repair it. And took me some bucks. Oh well!

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top