slipped widow (drivers side door)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

slipped widow (drivers side door)

Post by sedge on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi

Im hoping you can point me out in the direction of a fix for this.

Ive been asked to fix my new wifes camper window! I dont drive and have no real ideas about cars, but i am mechanically minded!

Looking at it when the window is wound fully up (manual wind) it is lower at that front and will not close properly. Ive got the door panel off had a look (using a mirror) and it looks like the window has come out of the "Guide runner" at the front. How do i fix this? Ive been told to wind the window down and try re-seat it. Do i need to loosen anything to do this? There are bolts on the inside of the door?

Can provide photos if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Sedge

sedge

Back to top Go down

Re: slipped widow (drivers side door)

Post by difflock123 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:35 pm

No it should just clip in...

On mine the passenger side did the same thing.

However, on mine the plastic clips were damaged and cracked, so I packed a load of JB Weld into the clip, and then once the window was pushed into it, I smeared some more over the top of it...

That was several weeks ago, and it has been fine since (better than it was when I got it Razz)

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by sedge on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:05 pm

well it get better!!

Upon lowering window and messing about with it the mechanism is foobared!! Looks like its been like that since she got it a year ago!! Managed to get the window shut much better than it would. But it looks like we are going to have to replace it.

basically the mechanisim is a x shape with a horizontal bar at the bottom. This has 2 runners on it that slide left and right which help keep the window in the horizontal. One of these guides has popped out the mechanism thus causing the window to drop forward. and its bent and near enough 90 deg so god knows how that happened!!!!!

sedge

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 pm

its becase the whole thing is made of very thin/soft metal and someone being a bit rough tens to bend something somewhere.
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top