Bike sooooo close... :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bike sooooo close... :)

Post by leopard_pagan on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 am

After not riding for 6 months due to lack of money & a job that sucked up all my spare money in fuel to get there; The bike is finally ready for MOT Very Happy but not yet out of the woods as i still (after a year) need to change the clutch plates! just need another gasket & get them done. slips at high speed "roll on"
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Bike sooooo close... :)

Post by HighlyJetted on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:02 am

It is the season where the bikes start to come out of hibernation Smile
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:It is the season where the bikes start to come out of hibernation Smile

Yeah.....and they're called 'Fair Weather Riders'  Laughing lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:02 pm

it was a forced hibernation!
Its been a knock on effect for me the last year.
Due to the high mileage i have been doing to/from work, i have had to put away quite a bit every month to pay for fuel. £3,000 spent last 12 months!
Due to the above, i could not afford to ride my bike; being a sports bike, they are not designed to go slow & tank range was no where near the van.
Due to me not riding as often, the bike fell in to disrepair; it developed a starting issue & i last rode it 6 months ago! this has been a very mild winter & i would have no problem riding through it as i have done many years before. the last year has been hard for me to cope with out riding as often as i should have been. i run a local bike club which made it even worse for me. I take pride in riding all weathers, how could i when i didnt even have a bike on the road?!
I quit my job in Cambridge this Monday! finally had enough of the bullshit & commute. I have a new job much closer to home for the same pay as before.
had the battery drop tested, starter motor checked/tested, starter relay tested which all passed just fine = short somewhere. As i was refitting the LED rear cluster i found one of the yellow Generator wires had corroded/burn out the crimp! which was the probable cause of the starting issues!
Last 2 weeks i have striped the forks, replaced the fork springs/seals/oil. fitted new front indicators, refit the old LED rear light cluster that i built 9yrs ago & found the rear brake light switch no longer worked which i also replaced.
With the new job starts monday & i will be able to go back to being a every day biker  What a Face 
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Good luck with the new job, LP. Same line of work?

Hope you're not going to ignore the van like you have the bike!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 am

Well that sounds a much better proposition LP. £60 a week on juice is a HUGE hole in the pocket and so much time spent travelling too.

Has your van had its mot yet ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Yeah, fuel costs are a pain, I'm £40-50 a week myself, but needs must etc Sad

I lived in Cambridge for a wee bit in the early eighties, Victoria Rd, I liked the place, esp all the posh pubs we used to go into and scare the yuppies   Twisted Evil 
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ToaseMan on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:05 pm

£40 - £50 pound on flue logi? Buy a diesel hijet i hear there ment to do about 70 to the gallon. I also hear they can be run on old cooking oil. (Don't know how true either statement is)
ToaseMan
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am

Van & bike passed MOT Very Happy
Am back riding the bike this week. I had a week off work so not sure if I can tax the van end of this month so might have to sorn it for a month.
Back to electronics woody.
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top