Hijet Headlights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hijet Headlights

Post by high-jetter on Thu May 29, 2014 11:57 am

Does anyone know where to buy New Headlights From as i am seriously in need of Headlights, i have bought used ones but when it comes to the MOT they don't pass so i have been ripped off twice. Any Help or Info will be appreciated as i work for My Hermes Courier Night Shift so my vehicle is used mostly for Night Driving. I Have 3 Vehicles Daihatsu Hijet 2002, Piaggio Porter 2005 and 2008. Without my van i cannot work

Thankyou Smile

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Re: Hijet Headlights

Post by FrontBackSide2Side on Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm

I'm sure there are some on ebay. Expensive though.

Ebay numbers:

FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Thu May 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks for the Info, I am trying to find someone in the UK as i can't wait around as i am off work and losing money unless i decide to hire a vehicle from them but that will cost me £30 per day so will not be worthwhile

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Thu May 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Try looking in a hens mouth for teeth, you'll have more success. The headlamps are shite, mines are on the way out, 20k on the clock. Will link up to an amazing chrome spray vid when im not on the phone, amazing results but its bloody dear.
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Thu May 29, 2014 2:52 pm

my headlights have lasted me less than 6 months because i only use my vehicles at night which is why the Headlights go brown really quick.

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 12:02 am

Strangely enough nightime is the most common time for using ones headlights--- unless in the daytime you get stuck behind a damn OAP crawling at 20mph which then in my case tends to invoke severe use of other electrical equipment ---- THE HORN !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Fri May 30, 2014 12:05 am

Those Italian head lights will be left hand drive units Wink
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 12:21 am

Could do what I do to rectify that Matt. With the unit out and on the bench take the bulb out and stick a hair dryer in the back and get the whole lot stinking hot the with gloves on I Stanley Knife all round the glass through the adhesive and gradually prising the glass off and heating the glass locally as you go.

I have done a few now and only ever broken one glass -- yesterday!!!. In too much of a hurry.

If you had the new Italiano ones doesn't matter if you brake the glass then with Polyurethane Sealant glue your old RHD glass back on. Its only the glass as far as I know that give the different dip pattern.

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Fri May 30, 2014 11:04 am

Can anyone please upload a clear step by step video of how exactly to open and repair the Headlight as it seems most people have the same problem and it is very expensive to buy new. Thankyou

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 11:32 am

IN MY OWN PERONAL EXPERIENCE OF PAINTING THE REFLECTORS -- IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. THE " CHROME" PAINT IS NOTHING NEAR CHROME . JUST A BRIGHT WHEEL SILVER I WOULD LIKEN IT TO.

THE REASON I HAVE OPENED THEM UP IS USUALLY TO CHANGE THE POOR REFLECTOR OUT OF AN ACCIDENT DAMAGED SMASHED CASING AND PUT IN THE GOOD ONE.

IT IS VERY TRICKY GETTING GETTING THE GLASS OFF AS ONE IS USING A STANLEY KNIFE TO CUT THE SEALANT -- AT AN ANGLE TOO SO HAVE BROKEN THE BLADES AND KNIFE SLIPS SUDDENLY.

WHEN THE GLASS IS OFF YOU THEN HAVE THE PROBLEM OF GETTING THE REFLECTOR OFF THE PLASTIC BALL JOINTS AND GETTING THEM BACK IN PLACE WITHOUT BREAKING THEM.

ITS A TIME CONSUMING PAINFULL JOB BUT AS A SECONDHAND HEADLIGHT IS WORTH £125 EACH IT IS WORTH IT TO ME AS IT MEANS ANOTHER SALES VAN OR PICKUP I HAVE CAN BE MOT'D AND PUT UP FOR SALE.
I BOUGHT A VAN RECENTLY FOR £250 PURELY BECAUSE IT HAD TWO GOOD HEADLIGHTS. WORTH £250 PURELY FOR THE HEADLIGHTS.

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Fri May 30, 2014 12:20 pm

i have started Hiring a Ford Transit but it's not easy to steer nor is it nippy like the Hijet or Piaggio Porter so i really need to get it sorted out, i find the Transits hard to drive and the clutch is a leg breaker, if i can't find anyone i will have to buy direct from Italy but this will be expensive but i think it will be worthwhile as i can't afford to lose my vans.

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 12:40 pm

I thought they were about 45 euros plus carriage.
Or have the Italians cottoned on to our dilemma??

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Fri May 30, 2014 5:59 pm

I wish they were, the prices for Hijet Headlights are ridiculous, i can't believe how expensive they are.

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Fri May 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Here you go

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side on Fri May 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Amazing! looks well easy too!
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Fri May 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Wouldn't exactly say easy...but it made me think, we have a local-ish plating company that can re-plate and chrome parts - might that be an option?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side on Sat May 31, 2014 6:59 am

No, i did a bit of reading up after i posted that last comment and i didn't realise the part in the video had been pre prepped.
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Sat May 31, 2014 8:59 am

The spray that is used is expensive so is not worthwhile, isn't there any other Headlights that fit a Hijet ?

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2014 11:31 am

If there were I think we would all be fitting them.
I have found a headlight and combined indicator that will fit in but will need a fitting kit making and modifed shaped fibreglass headlamp surrounds but that will take a bit of time to get sorted.

I am meeting with the fibreglass fibreglass pattern maker and moulder this afternoon.

Last edited by woody on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:33 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : removed a repeated word - or tried to. 3 times !!)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side on Sat May 31, 2014 11:43 am

oooh, that sounds interesting Woody! Are they anything fancy? Smile
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Nope. Scrapyard available and with load tilt facility as the Hi-Jet but all in one unit. 
The Fibreglass pattern maker came over Saturday afternoon and am meeting up with him  next Saturday to modify the Hijet Headlight Surround and create in Fibreglass if all goes to plan. 

When I have more progress I will keep the Forum informed dont panic. I just hope he turns out to be more reliable than the last Plonker that I met with earlier this year. He comes with good credentials and reccomendations.
 There are probably more fibreglassers here on the Island per head of population than any where else in the country. There are dozens of boat building firms on the Island and my friend Sean owns Cheetah Marine that make Catamaran Workboats. He has some very good guys working for him so if I do get let down again I will blag one of his guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:33 pm

That would be great woody, that will be someting to look forward to

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:30 pm

What about the round look
Standard off the shelf Piaggio Quargo

d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Just found this link, might be worth a try?
http://www.piaggiocalo.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=1522&osCsid=f0233c97af6f2cf444df6944a6b6782e

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:27 am

Crazy isn't it PFM. You can still get the old 1000 headlights but not the later ones .

Back to top Go down

Post by high-jetter on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Been a while now and i'm still here looking for Hijet Headlights, in the past month i've rung over 50 breakers and emailed hundreds online but still no luck, these Headlights are really hard to find anywhere  :cry Crying or Very sad 

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Three weeks ago I was called by a Sign Firm in Newport that wanted to sell their "S" reg 1300 Pick up that had a head gasket gone and 107,000 miles on the clock.

I went straight over and started it up and left it running and it was Steaming away in a minute or two and the temperature kept on climbing. I lifted both seats and EVERYTHING IN SIGHT was covered with brown water stain and I mean every thing. Hoses leaking, BOTH radcaps rusty and rubber seals like fibre washers.  BUT it had two PERFECT headlights so I bid them £200 for it. They said they would let me know at the end of the week and they didnt. 

So I looked on Wightbay and low and behold ONE Hi-jet pick-up with " Head Gasket gone but apart from that fine. Fine ?? What ?? Daydreamers. I watched it for two weeks and it got over 2000 viewings but no buyer so I bid £400 on it but they wouldnt budge on £600. 

So no nice headlights for me ---- or so I thought . Later that day got a call from Bartletts Sevice Station that do mostly Commercials right up to Artics and they had a 51 plate van with no MoT for £250 so said yes over the phone and went to pick it up the next day and VOILA ! £250 worth of Gleaming Headlights . Wonderful. I can get my old Red Pickup on the road now. Mind you the headlights will be coming out when MoT'D and some manky ones back in there. I will save the headlights for a much tidier van or pickup I have for sale.

The Headlight  situation is dire with this shortage of Hi-Jets for breaking. I am only finding one or two a month now. I have two Ads running on Wightbay now and despite over 21,000 viewings of my Grand Move Wanted ad only one call and the guy had a Move with tax and MoT till December and another complete Move 993 EFI for £350 the pair which I have bought and pick up tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top