Petol Tanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Petol Tanks

Post by Roger D on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Hope I've posted this in the right section. I wonder if anyone can shed light on whether Daihatsu ever changed their petrol tanks. I've just tried fitting a replacement tank, which came out of the back of someone's shed. It looked the part - just like the one in the diagram from a 2010 workshop manual (below). But when I tried to fit it, it knocks up against the gearbox. My existing tank (which was also a replacement some years ago) hasn't got the extra mounting bulge which I've shown with a red arrow (and stops it fitting). Apart from that, everything else seems the same. I run a 2001 1.3 EFI van. So can anyone help? Did Daihatsu start making different pressings for later vehicles with an extra mounting bulge. Mine has a mounting hole in the bulge which makes me wonder if it was for some other van? It only needs a bit 'shaving off' to fit - could I get away with it, or would it ruin the seal? Any advice appreciated.
Many thanks,
Roger
Roger D

Back to top Go down

Re: Petol Tanks

Post by singledad on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:09 am

i changed one on my mpv last year and had same thing, all i did was bend the lip a little, the other thing worth a look is to see the handbrake cable isnt trapped

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Get on to Im motors first and see if it has had the recall, I was told last month that the 04 I have killed was still outstanding a tank recall
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger D on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:05 am

Thanks for the replies. Nice to know you've already bent the lip successfully singledad. dinoh - sorry to reveal my ignorance, but who are Im motors? I wasn't aware of any recall notices. My old 993 was recalled for a hub issue by the local dealers years ago, but I've no idea how to go about finding out if any recalls are outstanding on my current one. I've owned it for over six years, so wouldn't they have contacted me?
Roger D

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:01 am

https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:49 pm

I M are still the parts importer for Piaggio, if you ring the parts department with your chassis number they will tell you what recalls are still outstanding for that chassis number

I.M. Group Limited
I.M. House
South Drive
Coleshill
B46 1DF
Tel: +44 (0) 121 747 4000
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger D on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Sorry for not replying earlier but been away on holiday and not had a minute since got back. Thanks for all the advice and links - will chase it up. Cheers.
Roger D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top