Ignition Barrel and Key

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ignition Barrel and Key

Post by StvC on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi all, back from an exciting time setting up home in Bulgaria and it's time to get my HiJet on the road after it's new paintjob.

However, I stupidly sold another vehicle to a guy in the states and left the keys in==on the key ring of that vehicle and have since been unable to make contact. The key had already snapped off in barrel so now I have a vehicle stuck in a unit at my old work with the steering lock on and no way to move it.

Ideally I need someone to supply and fit said part if at all possible (Matt/Dino...presuming you're both still about?) If not, perhaps Woody or someone else has one...I'm just tight for time before I have to leave UK again.

Failing that....is it a big job to snap the lock and hot wire it for a temp fix?

Thanks

Steve

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Re: Ignition Barrel and Key

Post by d1noh on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:02 pm

The key has to be turned to position 1 to retract the barrel so unless anybody wants to correct me the only way is a hammer and chisel on the tamper proof bolts to remove the whole lot, you can then start it with a flat screwdriver
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

^^^ what dino said.

You need to take the column plastics off.

Then you will see 2 domed headless bolts, which as Dino said, if you use a nice hammer and chisel then you can undo them by "chasing them round" anticlockwise.

Then unscrew the ignition switch off the ignition barrel assembly, then you can just start with a screw driver, and you won't have a steering lock either.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by StvC on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:54 am

Ah, ok, I'll get hammering then!

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content