slideing door handels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

slideing door handels

Post by holy-foley on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi just been onto the guy from womoco to buy handels and piaggio are no longer makeing plastic handels but metal ones, the difference in price is hugh !!! i take it you need the handels to work to pass an mot so i had to order one lucky he had a plastic one at £38 + vat a metal one was £190!!!!,glad they are makeing them stronger but will wait till they are available used!!,if anyone needs handels he said check your local dealers to see if they have any old stock.......in the meantime my d/s still needs replaceing barely works,so if anyone finds one could they let me know or a decent place for parts in the highlands thanks Laughing

holy-foley

Back to top Go down

Re: slideing door handels

Post by dee26173 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Speak with Emma or Tony through the forum. Fantastic people who may be able to source parts you need.

Where in the Highlands are you?
dee26173
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:31 pm

there is a thread on how to repair your handles.
i did mine.. the bodge will last longer than the van!

the thread is a sticky in the workshop section
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm pretty sure you don't need the sliding door handles to work for MOT.
I can't ever remember the tester opening the side doors on our van.
£190 for 1 handle! Shocked Shocked Shocked
That's more than our van's worth. Smile
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:27 pm

It depends on the tester and if you have a van then they have no need to get in the back but if you have a MPV with seats then they do so they can check the seat belts but the get round is to wind the windows down coz then they can open them from the inside if they dont work but if the window is up then it's a fail because they can't get in. My car has not got rear handles and I got a tug off the old bill and he had a rant at me saying that I must have handles for safety and when I questioned it and said I would look in to it he got the construction and use book out (not the same as MOT) and it does not state you must have handles but "doors must be able to be opened form interior and exterior" so now the rear doors which were already on remote control solenoids now have release buttons hidden in plain sight as the plod also went on about as my car is a five door the boot should have one too this already had a hidden in plain sight release button so I used it and he shut up while doing a goldfish impression his mate thought it was well clever!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:33 pm

MPV here and i was told mine had to work for the MOT.
in case emergency peeps need to get in to the back...
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by holy-foley on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi thanks for your replys mine is an mpv,and im up in sutherland in the highlands nearest city, inverness so if anyone has any ideas!!!,its too windy just now to drive!!! it but my hijet is working out quite economical for nippin here and there anyone know what they are like in a bit of snow ????,incase i get caught out sometime on my way back from inverness!! thanks Razz

holy-foley

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:54 pm

I got a n/s sliding door handle last week from the scrapyard with a crack the same as in the pic posted by Admin...

I dripped superglue all along the crack & it seems to have worked, no flex in the crack when using handle.
I got it as a spare, as they are like rocking horse s**t to get secondhand. Smile
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by emmabskin on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

the plod also went on about as my car is a five door the boot should have one too this already had a hidden in plain sight release button so I used it and he shut up while doing a goldfish impression his mate thought it was well clever!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
HA HA
emmabskin
Chatterbox

http://daihatsuhijet.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top