FORUM I HAVE SINNED-- I SEEK FORGIVENESS !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FORUM I HAVE SINNED-- I SEEK FORGIVENESS !!

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:45 pm

A couple of months ago I spotted an N reg Diesel Pick-up for sale on Wightbay in Cowes for £400 . It was late Saturday night so left phoning untill 10am on Sunday morning. being the kind considerate person I am. On phoning I was told I was ten minutes too late. The reason I wanted it was that it had a near perfect Load Liner in the back , a Towbar and a rear Nerf Bar protecting the lights and immaculate sides off a 1300 model.

But it was gawn !! Damn !! then two days later it reappeared on Wightbay on a Cowboy Commercial Vehicle Dealers Website for £895 !!!!
What a Comedian. It was on there for ages and he even phone me and offered it to me at the Bargain Knockdown price of £600. I took the wind out of his sails when I told him that I had 3 days before bought a bright red 02 plate Island Reg Dual Fuel van for £200 with one owner from new and it had just that morning gone straight through the MoT with no advisories. So put that in you pipe an smoke it Matey.

Anyway some poor mug did buy it for £500 and within a week was on my door trying to sell it as Mot was about to run out. I could have it for £400.
No thank you. It has been on Wightbay for a couple of weeks now . Then he phoned me Wednesday desparate to sell it as his Landlord wanted it off the property. Can I come and make an offer. So I did tonight and only took £200 with me to make sure I wouldnt go over my limit and drove it away at 6pm tonight. Its pretty damn gutless of course but it drives beautifully.
So engine and box are coming out as is the radiator and the SE plastic grille, the very good exhaust, the new battery, the four newish tyres the TowBar and Nerf Bar, the rear lights ( already promised to a customer for £50 ) and Load Liner is already in my store. Altogether a nice haul of bits BUT it gets better. I have a chap who already has a pickup
with a 1000cc Bike engine in it and is selling it and is buying my Rolling Shell for £125 to put ----- Wait for it --- a BMW 4litre 32valve 260 BHP engine in the back. Flipping good luck matey. Must be mad. Still I dont care. That haul of spares owes me just £25.

So I seek forgiveness -- not for being a very shrewd lucky Con Artist but for going against my own sworn rules NEVER TO TOUCH A DIESEL HI-JET unless it was with a Gallon of petrol and a box of matches.

Oh yes and I have got a lovely 1 owner 52plate Dual Fuel Van with 11months mot approx. for sale for £1200. Just wish I could find more Jets for breaking though. My stock levels are getting very low and I have to keep saying no to people which I hate doing ESPECIALLY TO FORUM Members.

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM I HAVE SINNED-- I SEEK FORGIVENESS !!

Post by oldie on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:09 am

Just out of interest...any links to the 1000cc bike-engined pick-up?

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Not that I know of but I will ask him for some or take some myself an email them to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:31 am

You don't half get some bargains Woody!
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 am

Not as many as I would like to get. I need to clear £1300-£1400 a month to keep my head above water. Takes a lot of finding I can tell you. Especially this year with all the accidents and health problems I have had.
But yes I do certainly get some stonking bargains.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:37 pm

woody wrote:Not that I know of but I will ask him for some or take some myself an email them to you.

Thank you very much young man.....you're a gentleman and a scholar Very Happy .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Woody would the load liner (plastic?) fit a 1.3 bus?
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:25 pm

No they are different LP. Van has cutouts for the sliding doors and bulgesbulges for the wheel arches too. I think that the 1300 ones would also be different because the gearbox cover bulge size is bigger on the 1300. I think I can find a 993 van one but problem is transporting them as they areare so flimsy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm

I have just come back from the Mot garage where I got an emissions check done on it and despite 99,978 miles it has sailed through the test. The limit is 2.5 l/m and this was 1.61 l/m. Well pleased.

So got a good engine and box to sell. I also tested the oil pressure with a stall test and the oil light didn't come on until engine actually stalled. Altogether a good buy at £200.

Back to top Go down

Post by waz on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Woody, you have the luck of the Irish Very Happy
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:20 pm

PHEW !!! THANK GOODNESS YOU DIDNT SAY I HAVE THE LUCK OF THE SCOTTISH ESPECIALLY FROM THE KILMARNOCK AREA. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by waz on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:23 pm

woody wrote:PHEW !!! THANK GOODNESS YOU DIDNT SAY I HAVE THE LUCK OF THE SCOTTISH ESPECIALLY FROM THE KILMARNOCK AREA. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Would have done if you had been talking Mercs.
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top