running very rich

View previous topic View next topic Go down

running very rich

Post by rich the mechanic on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi the van went in for MOT today and a few minor fails that are already fixed but the emmisions were sky high has anyone had this I have measured the output from the lambda sensor and it is reading low on the output but the MOT station say that it's that far out it shouldn't be that sensor and it may be a miss reading caused by the real problem any ideas?
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: running very rich

Post by difflock123 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:34 am

It could be the lambda sensor...
If that has failed, then it will throw the mixture out.

I cant remember what engine yours has, but in the 993cc manual it says about an adjuster screw to change the emissions.
So I dare say the 1300 will have a similar adjustment...

I would be tempted to replace the lambda sensor, as I doubt its too expensive...

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi mine is the 993cc and I have adjusted the screw which is also the idle adjustment and have been to the breakers and got all the sensors and the ECU except the lambda sensor because I couldn't get it undone or get the manifold off as didn't take the tools I needed to get it off I thought it was in the pipe just behind the manifold and didn't check before I left and the yard is 40 miles away. I will get it checked for emissions and just change the sensors one by one untill it has an effect if I haven't already dialled it out on the screw.
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top