The joys of driving a Hijet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The joys of driving a Hijet

Post by Raggy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Picked up Skylark from garage after having her checked over and service (incl missing themo replaced) and started to drive her home. Temp guage started to rise, great (didnt do that before), it kept on rising....went on slip road to motorway...temp still rising...sweat started to form on brow...worried look on face...bit further on motorway...needle nears hot...more sweat on brow and wondering if AA up to date....then needle drops slowly to below half way and stays there for rest of drive home...big grin comes to face...one happy hijet owner...long may it continue!
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Re: The joys of driving a Hijet

Post by Logi on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Very Happy

You'll never stop watching the guage.. Shocked
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:21 pm

I know...thats the problem! Laughing
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Would be nice to have simple solution for a buzzer and a flash light when temp rises above 3/4.
CoolJet
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Thought that or maybe an adjustable switch so you could get the fan to come on at your own predetermined temp. Ebay is my next port of call...
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:34 am

Thermostatic Fan on mine.....never had a problem since I've had the van (over 4 years now) Smile .....but there again......
mine is the 'posher' Piaggio Porter tongue cheers  lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:54 am

....also have the 'over-ride fan switch' fitted.....only ever turn that on to make sure the over-ride option is still working.

My van must be one of the rare problem free vans.... Twisted Evil .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 am

I have one on an MPV I bought cheap because the garage told him it was the head gasket gone. It is Dual Fuel and the reg number is L111 LPG ( Little LPG).
As usual all it needed was two new Radcaps and bleeding.
It has a lovely bright blue digital temperature readout and you can toggle the two buttons up and down to set the desired temperature you want the fan to cut in at to within half a degree. Superb bit of kit..

I will have a look today and see if I can see any details of the make.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:44 am

I forgot to check on the Digital Readout Temperature Switch. Dohhhhh!! Old age Brain Fade.
The truth is I have been too busy making room in my largest storeroom for some 15ft high pallet racking. Its an easy way of putting in an extra floor.
Not easy on the pocket as the wooden joists and plywood sheets will be a kings ransom as will be the deep plastic storage bins for spares. I have already bought 20, five shelf storage racks though.
But it will allow me to sort my spare parts out much more methodically though over the winter period and find long lost parts I knew I had but couldn't find . Hopefully will inspire me to start buying some more breakers for spares. BUT NO, NOT OFFSIDE HEADLIIGHTS. More chance of finding live Dodo's or Kiwis or the legendary Oozalum Bird ( flies backwards and dissapears up its own bum).
Stranger things have happened at sea - - - and as I live surrounded by sea - - - who knows what might happen.??

Very sad day for me today though, It was a year ago today that my best friend Stan committed suicide.
One of the reasons for my being up at this unearthly hour. Couldn't sleep thinking about him and why he did it.
But bless him, he left me with a 6 figure legacy. Which has kept me going and how I have managed to buy loads of Hi-Jets and 8 1600 Grand Moves this year. There is a Silver lining to some clouds though. Guess my one was a Gold Lining.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:58 am

woody wrote: Dohhhhh!!  Old age  Brain Fade.

Hmmmmn ...... tongue lol! /

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:31 am

Go back to bed you Ole Git. You shouldn't be up at this time of the day. Or is there an underlying reason??
Weak bladder perhaps, too much of that coloured water you pass ( yes PASS) not otherwise, as beer.

How many days is it before you get your Telegram from the Queen now??
I am counting down the days now Oldie to the 28th of this month when four of us head over the water to the Bournemouth International Centre to see a two hour Concert of Joe Bonamassa. Utterly amazing guitarist. Will be our third time of seeing him. Once at Southampton and at the Albert Hall as a guest of Eric Clapton.
You got any gigs lined up this year.?? My son played with his band Riff-raff at the Isle of Wight Festival on the Sunday and then with his other Band Wight Floyd opened the Island VeeDub Festival on the Thursday night and then again at The Bestival on the Sunday with Wight Floyd. He plays Rhythm and is lead singer with both bands. He has been rebooked for all three gigs again next year too. Must be doing something right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Experienced the latest Hijet joy last night, driving at night and trying to see he speed I was doing as the dash is so dark!
Another one for the jobs list I think, wouldnt mind but all other lights on dash brake warning etc are so bright.
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:11 am

woody wrote:
I am counting down the days now Oldie to the 28th of this month when four of us head over the water to the Bournemouth International Centre to see a two hour Concert of Joe Bonamassa. Utterly amazing guitarist  Twisted Evil .

Not been anywhere for some-time now Woody Sad  ....not even been to a pub for over a year now Shocked Crying or Very sad .

Enjoy the concert bounce cheers ......and to ensure you do....don't forget to wear your 'incontinence pants' on such a long trip, you-old-fart lol!  lol! .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-Care-Shop-Male-Pouch-Pants-Incontinence-Pants-for-Men-Medium-/171812826979?hash=item2800d7af63:g:6wwAAOSwyZ5UmsKk

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:38 am

How can I forget Oldie? They are on 24/7 anyway. Cheeky git.
I had a great day out yesterday actually. For the second year CAMRA have put on a Beer Festival with a difference.
In conjunction with The Island Bus Museum they invited owners of Old(ie) Buses from the Mainland to come over and using these old Buses set up an hourly timetable with over 60 buses to do set routes to loads of Pubs all over the Island that are Real Ale Pubs and support CAMRA and you can go anywhere on the Island on these routes TOTALLY FREE on a Giant Pub Crawl. So myself and three friends did just that. It was a great days fun talking with the Bus Owners, the Nurdy Bus Enthusiasts and the Die Hard Beer lovers, getting merry and sampling loads of Pub Food.
It was a MASSIVE success. Talking to a friend who is one of the Organiser's, he said that they were totally
over - wheeled with the massive response. Hundreds of people came over from the Mainland for the whole weekend. . And I haven't got a hangover either.!!! GREAT WEEK END. Off out again today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 am

I bought an MPV last year Raggy that the lady owner had installed several lines of blue led lights in the cab and rear of the van which actually was very effective. She or someone had also put a small strip of them on the fascia in front of the Instrument Cluster too. I don't know how effective it was as I didnt try the lights at night. Might be worth a try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:09 am

Yes, may have to investigate options, read a few thresds on here of others attempting to improve the existing dash lighing with varied success. Have a good day out.
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm

oldie wrote:Thermostatic Fan on mine.....never had a problem since I've had the van (over 4 years now) Smile .....but there again......
mine is the 'posher' Piaggio Porter tongue cheers  lol! .

Mine never over heated once either...and it was a 993

(
andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top