Superchargers and parts

Post by hijet supercharger on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:31 am

I have used factory superchargers for hijet EB 550cc, also new engine parts

kemotorsport

hijet supercharger

Back to top Go down

Re: Superchargers and parts

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:20 am

Not a lot of demand for one of them on 993cc and 1300 16v Hi-Jets strangely enough. Have you tried advertising them in Japan??

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:41 pm

I love superchargers Smile
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:27 am

Roots type? Wade?? Shorrock? Sliding Vane, Centrifugal Vane? Contrary to belief, the Roots blower goes way back beyond the Supercharged Two Stroke Diesel engine in the old Commer lorries. That 6 piston, 3 cylinder engine came from the German Heinkel Bomber and was developed by The Rootes Group.
The Roots blower was American, and designed in the 1860's for Smelting Blast Furnaces. The designer of the first Supercharger that was used on an engine, was Logi, actually a Scotsman, Dugald Clerk.
The German Gottlieb Daimler used a variant of Clerks design and then the damn French got in on the act, Renault although he designed the Centrifugal Vane type which the Hydrovane Compressor Company later used and on until this day.
Then a few years later it went back to the Yanks before World War 1 then in the 20's back to Germany again to Mercedes who produced the first production Supercharged car then everyone started jumping on the bandwagon.

But it's definitely the Yanks, right back where it was designed as an air pump for the Blast Furnaces, that have really gone on to develop the Supercharger.

Did you know that the Spitfire had a small Supercharger. It was the sliding Vane type, all alloy with a steel liner and had a swept volume of just 220cc. It was an air pump to supply the cockpit. I bought one brand spanking new in 1966 in the Ex Government Surplus Stores in Reading for just £5, a weeks wages for me then. It so fascinated me the beautiful design of it that I bought a number of books on the subject and really got interested in Supercharging. I eventually Supercharged a 250 cc Twin Cylinder Triumph Tigress Scooter. It was flipping quick but rather temperamental. I brought the bike with me to the Island in 1974 and strangely enough it is buried in the back garden of house here in the Village of Niton. That was about 1978/9 about 30 years before I ended up living here. Small world, small Island. Too short a life too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:28 pm

There's a Spit parked up in a garden in Moffat..... (seriously)
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Well for once I am almost lost for words. What an amazing piece of history to have in your front garden. I know Jeremy Clarkson had a Jet in his front garden, but you can't compete with such a British Icon as The Spitfire. Thank you for sharing that Logi. Priceless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Wanna really sicken yourself?
He has a Daimler SP, E Type, and an old Rolls in the garage..
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Well he can keep the Rolls but an E - Type and an SP 250 and a Spitfire. That's just Plane selfish. ( sorry about that).
Just imagine the conversation at his new Golf Club. Bragging about where he lives, the Company he probably owns, his Villa abroad and I've got a Roller and an E-Type and a V8 Daimler SP 250 and a Spitfire.

Oh dear old chap, I say that's little bit beneath your status don't you know? A Triumph Spitfire?? No sorry can't let you in here. St. Andrews would never live it down, good gracious!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Afraid its only a mock up spitfire from what I read, at least you had part of the real mckoy, an actual supercharger from one! Puts you one up I think Smile
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:04 am

In theory it was a Supercharger and indeed I used it as one on the Triumph Tigress,  but in actuality it was an air pump generally known as a  "Cabin Blower"  to provide increased cockpit pressure at higher altitude.

Wish I still had it now.  It was in a small wooden crate with  War Department markings wrapped up in  brown grease proof paper.  It had WD stamped on the body and every screw head had been drilled with a needle drill and lock wired. Incredible precision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:07 am

He's actually a retired doctor, really nice guy.
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:32 am

That's so nice to hear. A lot of well to do people tend to be rather stuck up. But thankfully there are many exceptions.

Back to top Go down

Post by waz on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Years ago I got offered an E type for silly money, turned it down as I don't like them.
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top