END OF THE LINE SADLY.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

END OF THE LINE SADLY.

Post by Woodie on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:13 pm

As many of you know, I had two strokes on Easter Monday afternoon with total paralysis of the left side - twice in one hour .. Recovery has been by my standard has been slow, but miraculous by other people's standards.

I have had no energy and always tired and not getting much sleep and certainly no work done at the garage in the meantime. But for the past week I have felt a good bit better so now is definitely the time to hang up my work gloves and my tools in my garage Man Cave at home, which Raggy has experienced first hand, instead and just Potter and enjoy myself..

I have done five days work at my Doctors house and he and his wife who is a Stroke Expert Doctor have been wonderful to me and given me lots of advice and reassurance that has truly boosted my confidence. So now is the time to start getting rid of most of my vehicles and spares. Obviously I am going to keep all the expensive spares like headlights, starters, Alternators, radiators Propshafts back lights etc. I will sell off one of the Tippers, all the vans bar for two and dump the Extol. I have a 1200 Diesel van with an excellent engine, a gorgeously tidy 993cc N Reg IoW Van, a one owner 02 IoW red van with dual fuel and six 1600 Grand Moves. Would dearly like to put the lowest mileage 1600 engine in my Blue MPV but I can't see it happening unless my strength and stamina continues to improve as well as it has just recently.

I want to thank all of you for the support you have given me over the past three and a half years on the Forum. It has been great trying to help so many of you and for the things that I have learned from some of the very wise Sages we have on here, foremost Matt of course and Leopard Pagan, but also the tremendous fun Logi and I have had taking the Mickey out of each other and and that Welsh twerp Oldie. To Bushwacker for his very understated impressive knowledge, to Rich the Mechanic, PFM in Eastbourne, Raggy, one of the the new kids on the block and so many that I have enjoyed helping with advice and supplying an endless supply of spare parts helping me keep my head above water and me keeping you on the road one way or another if it has been humanly possible. I don't know how much longer I have got as do none of us. Only God knows that.

But I want to enjoy myself while I still can and that definitely means keeping a few Hi-Jet's and a couple of Grand Moves . I have got a lovely comfortable Mazda 323 Estate for best clothes events but I much prefer my MPV Hi-Jet to use 95% of the time - - even as a 66 year old pensioner. I have had Hi-Jets for 13years now so why change?

All the best to you all and if you need to reach me do so on: thehijetmaniow@gmail.com and give me your mobile number to put in my Contacts list or you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH TO ME. I have got Call Blocker in place to stop unwanted calls.

Regards from Woody to you all.

Woodie
Cinquecento

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: END OF THE LINE SADLY.

Post by GEORDIE on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:54 am

Look after yourself woody,this life is for real
not a practice,I have really enjoyed your exchanges
with the members of this forum,all the best lad,dont let the buggers grind you down all the best Geordie

GEORDIE
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:06 am

Definitely time to relax, as the old Eagles song said.( dunno what Hotel California has to do with anything tho.... Wink )

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:07 am

And that's a relief, after reading the title I thought you were posting to tell us you'd died....... Razz

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:39 pm

I'll do my best to give you a couple of days notice Logi,  so that you can write a glowing Obituary ( mind you the glowing bit happens in the Crematorium Ovens). 
If it isn't a great Obituary  I will come back and thoroughly enjoy Haunting you. 
In the meantime I will be sorting out the best spares and trying to sell the Hi-Jets and 3 Romahomes. Have advertised the Extol already and had just one Daydreamer. What ever any of you Hi-Jet Owners do - -  dont buy an Extol. Lovely comfortable  van to drive,  much better than a Hi-Jet  but nobody down here seems to want one or spares for them. Looks like a crusher job soon. 

I have been looking in on the Forum every now and then and will continue to do so. I am usually in daily contact with Raggy. So if any scandals crop up I have the automatic early warning system  based in Doncaster. study

He has today offered to have a weeks working holiday down here and help me put a 1600 Grand Move engine in my MPV. We have discovered a great food pub not to far from my home so just how far we would get,  remains to be seen.  Don't know if his wife knows yet. That would be great to finally get that done so I will have to see if I can go the whole hog and get a  125bhp fast Road stage 2 engine sorted with Charlie at CTM Performance Engineering up in Essex. 

Plus total upgrade on the brakes with everything new. May as well go out in style  Rolling Eyes

Woodie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:17 pm

Lots of respect to you old man. I hope we'll be able to tickle that all knowing brain of yours once in a while. Thanks!

Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 am

only just got on forum after a few months ill myself glad you are feeling like you can do some things again but dont over do it, its time to relax and enjoy a bit of life in the slow lane. although i went to the dark side with my suzuki carry id like to say many many thanks for all the help you gave me with the hijet parts and was great to meet you(have you still got the grand move we picked up) take care and try to be good

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Sorry to hear that you have been through the wars too Ron. When we were younger we used to talk about our female conquests, then the various motor bikes or scooters we had then the cars, getting married, then moaning about the old bat we had married. 

Now all the time is talking about mates that have died or in Hospital and comparing notes about all the medical problems we have acquired and the total number and types  of tablets we have to take each day. What a sad bunch of Muppets old age turns us into. 
Having survived the two strokes on Easter Monday I am grateful for every day of life when I see that morning sunrise. Long may they continue too. Losing most of my stock and two buildings in the fire has taken a great load off of my mind and look more positively to the remaining future. Still going to run round in Hi-Jets though. Love the little blighters.

Woodie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:19 am

Well you sound like you have your priorities well and truly sorted, a rare talent . great to hear your on the mend. I still think a hijet meet on the island sounds like a good plan so don't think you've got rid of us.

elfin girl
Cinquecento

https://www.facebook.com/bydonellamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:22 am

Oh, and superb raggy, people like you remind me that I don't need to totally cut myself off from society there are definitely some good ones out there Smile

elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:37 pm

elfin girl wrote:Oh, and superb raggy, people like you remind me that I don't need to totally cut myself off from society there are definitely some good ones out there Smile
Thanks but I would like to think most of them are members on here Very Happy

Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 pm

Raggy wrote:
elfin girl wrote:Oh, and superb raggy, people like you remind me that I don't need to totally cut myself off from society there are definitely some good ones out there Smile

Nah, I'm an arsehole Smile

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:53 pm

Raggy wrote:

True, it's probably why I like it on here, a very helpfull bunch, with the added wicked sense of humour

elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:07 am

Logi wrote:

No offence meant....but I have to agree with you Laughing ......

Chin-up lad and don't be too hard on yourself lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:13 am

Woodie wrote: What a sad bunch of Muppets old age turns us into. [/size]

Eh scratch ! Speak for yourself you old fart tongue lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:45 am

Well I have just had 5 days Hotel Break in beautifully sunny Bournemouth and heading home tonight to the reality of clearing up all the fire damage at my workshop.
36 years, 12 years of which spent dismantling Hi-Jets all gone in about 1 hour of fire, standing there watching it burn, being able to do nothing about it.

Leaves me feeling rather sick and empty.

But on the plus side I am OK and all 17 of the Daihatsu's I had there are untouched.
I have got three of them in for Mot this week and have already sold the Extol Van.
Biggest problem is no electricity or water but can sort out the water fairly easily.
Going to need that as everything is covered in soot. Kind of like the Black and White Minstrel Show.
But I still have my sense of humor left intact.

Woodie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:07 am

oldie wrote:
Logi wrote:

No offence meant....but I have to agree with you :lol lol! .

It's OK, I like being an arsehole Wink

I saw they suspect arson as the cause of the fire?

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Correct Logi, and he has ruined my spares income for sure and I need some spares for some of the Hi-Jet's of my own. I can't say any more at the moment as it is still under investigation.
I won't get a penny's compensation or I doubt it, but when they finally catch up with him I will have some satisfaction at least. Everything comes to he who waits.
Laughing

Woodie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:06 am

I have had 5 days rest in a  seedy Hotel in Bournemouth last weekend -  Thursday to Monday for a complete rest and to take stock of the reality of losing 12 years worth of dismantling Hi-Jets and 95% of the spares that I lost in the fire. 
I  went back to work on Wednesday  and when I went inside I just sat on the stairs and cried my eyes out. Just utter disbelief that after 37 years up there at Castle Works it has all but ended  in 12 hours. 
By the end of the day day with everything covered in Soot I looked like one of the Black and White Minstrels. Funnily enough I didn't have any fire damaged  " Sooty Vans"  as they are often nicknamed. 
All 17 vehicles I had at the yard survived in tact.  I didnt think about it until the day after, but 5 of them were Dual Fuel LPG ones. You imagine the devastation and even loss of life that could have caused if any or all of them went up.  It doesn't bare thinking about. 

I had a visit from an old friend on Thursday who is one of our local Beat Policeman and had a long chat with him and  he had a good look round at the Woodwork Shop where the  fire started.  It would appear that they are on the right track now. 

I will keep you posted when it is finally wrapped up, but I won't get any compensation for what I have lost.  As I previously said,  none of us could get any insurance because of the diabolical state of maintenance of the buildings. But I am still smiling and have as ever, still  got my sense of humor.

Woodie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Last time I was in a seedy hotel in Bournemouth I got bugger all rest Wink

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Likewise Logi although for entirely different reasons I expect. The owner, a very nice guy called Adam who was from a Middle Eastern Country had loads of very loud speaking and noisy friends there.

So sleep was induced into a Catatonic State of Trance Base each night with a couple of Mirtazapine from the Doctors. Those and a couple of Ciders and I had about 6-7 hours sleep a night.
Certainly won't be going back there again for sure. It will be back to the quiet Guest House in Christchurch that we have used for 6 years next time. The only thing that ever woke us up there a couple of years ago were two amorous Hedgehogs at 2am. Funniest thing I have seen and heard in years . Wondered what all the noise was about - but when you think about it - - it must be damn dangerous and painful or a once in a lifetime event !!

Woodie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top