Sliding door handles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sliding door handles

Post by Goatboy on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:40 pm

Hello,

New to owning a Hijet, is it possible to purchase new handles for the exterior of the sliding doors.? And if so where from?

Thanks

Scott
Goatboy

Back to top Go down

Re: Sliding door handles

Post by Woodie on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Hello Scott. You don't tell us which model you have, 993cc or 1300.  In this case the handles are the same or similar. There is a slight difference in the early 993cc model.

If you go on to Welcome to the Jungle and introduce yourself,  what model, year, and a bit about yourself and the area you live in as you may have another member near to where you live which can be very handy for help and support.

The door handles are almost as rare as headlights. New poor quality ones are or were available from The Treadmill Doctor  on,  07900 467675 or email at  :  treadmilldoctor1@yahoo.co.uk at around £25 each.  They may open your door once or twice before breaking.

Woodford Green Motor Company in Essex sell genuine Daihatsu ones around £70 each or they sell Piaggio metal ones at around £100 each. Their phone number is 02085040017 or 02085061115.

Both my door handles work but I never use them.   I always open them from the inside.  Best to get in the habit of using the inside ones whether you have new ones or not. The outside ones are a very poor design unfortunately.
Have fun with your new Toy. They are great little vehicles if you look are able to look after them.  I have had Hi-Jet's for around 13 years and wouldn't swop them for anything else.
Woodie
Cinquecento

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:13 pm

I have found Outlet Ricambi to be very useful, got the parts I wanted within a week, from Italy.....
http://www.outletricambi.com/products.aspx?id=510899519
buttondup
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Goatboy on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:47 am

Thank you both very much for the replies.
Goatboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top