how do you take the headlights out..!? Tried for ages, read all posts, tried to find manuals.. no luck yet!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how do you take the headlights out..!? Tried for ages, read all posts, tried to find manuals.. no luck yet!

Post by danielfrisbee on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:26 pm

apologies if this is too obvious, I may well be an idiot. I'm trying to take the headlights out of a 1.3 mpv to stick some aluminium tape on the reflectors for the mot in a couple of days.. took the screws out of the side from the outside, two behind the indicator and one more behind the trim around the lights. Yanked and fiddled to no avail. Had a look from the other side under the steering wheel, there's what looks like an adjustable threaded 4mm bar that goes to the light with a nylon head, I decided not to mess with that. It looks like there might be some nuts and bolts on top of the light fitting, but to get at those it looks like the whole dashboard needs to come off. Does the dashboard need to come off?

I'd like to know how to pull it all apart one day, and if needs be that could be tomorrow.. but if there's a way to get at the lights without pulling the van apart, i'm all ears... Or if anyone knows any helpful links.. I read every headlight post and couldn't find anything.

Hope you're all having great times in your hijets-
many thanks
daniel
danielfrisbee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you take the headlights out..!? Tried for ages, read all posts, tried to find manuals.. no luck yet!

Post by Woodie on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Daniel, send me your mobile number by Private Message and I will give you a call or you can call me when convenient. Once you have given me your mobile number I will put it in my contacts list and then you will be able to phone me.
I have Call Blocker in place and without your number in my Contacts list you can't contact me.
Woodie
Cinquecento

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: how do you take the headlights out..!? Tried for ages, read all posts, tried to find manuals.. no luck yet!

Post by danielfrisbee on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Wow thanks woodie, will do. If possible we could have a brief chat perhaps tomorrow afternoon..!?
danielfrisbee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Whenever is convenient for you Daniel. Don't forget the PM message with your number.
Woodie
Cinquecento

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top