Hijet Devon pop top camper .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hijet Devon pop top camper .

Post by Barry 6448 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Hello to you all !
I've just bought a W reg Devon pop top Hijet camper with a broken engine . The previous owner said that it conked out and the AA man diagnosed that the cam shaft had snapped . So I'm looking for a good running engine ? Thank you in advance Barry

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Re: Hijet Devon pop top camper .

Post by Woodie on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm

You don't mention where you live Barry. It is helpful if members give even just the nearest big town. You don't have to post your address ( dangerous thing to do - Logi might arrange for a Call girl to turn up on your doorstep) Twisted Evil

I have an X reg Pickup that I might be persuaded to break up so long as you aren't in a desperate hurry. Health issues are making it difficult to get major jobs done but slowly on the mend.
My email address is : thehijetmaniow@gmail.com
Woodie
Cinquecento

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Hello sorry I thought I'd posted where I live I'm down in Somerset .
I would be interested in your pick up engine . Also please could you tell me if all the 1300 engines are the same thanks Barry

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:11 am

There are minor differences on the 1300 engines. Early engines were two coil pack wasted spark ignition systems whereas later ones -  I think 2002 on were  four coil packs. Simple enough to sort by changing the Camshaft Cover over and ditching two of the coil packs and leads.
The X reg one I have is only 2 pack the  same as yours. There are even more differences the later the year of manufacture you get, such as the inlet manifold.

If you want to go for a good bit of more power and speed  then I have a 1600cc engine available, which has 30bhp more than a 1300. but that would require a good bit of work  swopping sump, manifolds, camcover and a few other bits and pieces over.  But a sedate  85 mph should be OK for what you need. I  guess.

Last edited by Woodie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Woodie
Cinquecento

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:16 am

Ok thanks for the info ! I was hoping just for a simple engine swap the 1300 is fine for me ! If you could let me know where you are and how much you are wanting for the engine that would be great thanks Barry

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top