new hijet owner

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: new hijet owner

Post by Moz on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Awesome post CPK. Very nice work. Im looking at one this weekend.

Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by cpk on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 am

Hey all well over due an update! Haven't got as much done as I would of liked but it's slowly getting there! Got the walls lined, got most the electrics in and done some work to get her through an mot (brakes, engine mount, wipers, wipers, tyres) I will upload some pictures tonight when I'm back home.

cpk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatbluevolvo on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi all just got a 1.0efi but the head has gone was wondering if a 1.3 will fit if so what is needed? Or is it a straight swap will be posting more when van is working it's a 96 reg

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Where has your head gone to. Can't trust anyone these days. They will nick anything - -
even if it is bolted down!!
If you want a 1300 then that is what you will have to do I'm afraid and sell the 993cc.

In answer to your question about an engine swop. It is a total no-no. Apart from the four wheels, doors and back lights and rear bumper and petrol tank, everything else is different. Not a good start eh?

You don't say where abouts you live. Always helpful. Anyway, welcome to the world of Hi-Jets and their inherent problems.
Woodie
Jet Addict

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatbluevolvo on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Head gaskets gone but have no idea about them I'm from the Midlands so if anyone has a 1.0 or can help me much appreciated

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatbluevolvo on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Also what differences are there between the 1.0 and 1.3

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:05 pm

All alloy, and an extra cylinder for a start. 16 valves and totally different in design to the old cast iron block 993cc. Have a look in the Workshop section and you will get a better idea of the complete differences.

Just forget any ideas you have of putting a 993cc in a 1300. It just doesn't work. Wiring loom is totally different as is the fuel system, exhaust system, gearbox and mountings, Propshaft, rear floor moulding, over the gearbox - no point in going any further. I HOPE that you have got the idea. Shocked
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatbluevolvo on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:11 pm

I've got a friend breaking a 1.3 was wondering if the engine will fit the 1.0 that's all. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a 1.0 .where's the workshop section?

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Well may I make a sensible suggestion : If your mate has got a 1300 he is breaking then surely the simplest solution is for you to go and have a look all over it and look at it and see for yourself the tremendous differences that there are between the 993cc and the 1300??
Then you can appreciate what I have described on here. As soon as you lift both seats and look at the gearbox cover you will begin to see the huge differences for yourself.
I appreciate we all have to start learning somewhere and "being totally hands on" since about 9-10 years old is how I have accumulated my mechanical, woodwork, plumbing, engineering, welding skills by shear curiosity and from the School of Life.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:24 pm

If you want a complete engine one on flea bay for £450ish but if its only head, get it skimmed, new gaskets and the usual radiator caps etc etc and you may be sorted. Have a search on here, you will find you are not the first to be in this position. Please start a new thread for this then more will find it rather than continuing someone elses thread.
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:27 pm

PS How do you know head gasket gone? Pressure tested system, pressure tested each cylinder? Before you condem the poor thing, make sure its not dead, just been inflicted a non fatal wound by poor maintainance.
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by verryoldman on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Cant see any pics in this thread ??
verryoldman
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:21 pm

they seem to have microvanished
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by cpk on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 pm

its been a while and i need to update the thread cause alot as happened since Smile not to sure why the pictures are no longer there? i will try posting some more pictures at some point this week

cpk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top