Advice please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice please

Post by debz on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Right sorry about the posts but I am in need of help.
I wasn't going to be posting the negatives of the van I bought but now I feel I need to.
After various tests been done on my van I know that the problems are more extreme than expected. I did buy my van as sold as seen and took it upon myself to go ahead and buy without seeing it. I did talk to the seller and ask about problems that were not mentioned after receiving the van and we came to an agreement of me getting some money back as i thought i might need a new engine.Since then I now know that the vans emissions are possibly due to more than expected and other faults that should never have went through an mot. I am also aware that the person does have knowledge on these vans as he buys and sells so he should have been honest in the first place instead of making up stories saying it was a family members.
The problem is not him himself but I am a genuine person myself and expected for the price of the van it was not going to be perfect but to be fooled and ripped off by him and the garage that did the mot I think these people should be reported. I did pay very little but I also payed a lot of money to get the van couriered to me. I now feel I was only given back 150 of the 500 for the van as he didn't want me to go on here well tough if it was only the locks and other minor things I've not mentioned I would not have bothered but why should I keep quiet when it might happen to someone else on here like me who believes they are getting a van that's roadworthy. I will now be keeping the van but don't be fooled like me and believe everything your told just for a sale. The van was not even worth the £350 I payed that's not including the £380 I payed to get it to me. I would rather have been told it had no mot for that price. The thing is now I will be needing an engine and would like to know what other engines will fit. I'm sure now that if I posted the video of it running it sounds like a bucket of nails and the fumes are horrendous that I would be told the same by you guys it should never had been motd and the engine is definitely buggered.
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice please

Post by PFM on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:07 pm

1.0 or 1.3? When was the MOT done? Can you prove any fraud?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:12 pm

1.0 engine well 993cc. Well no emissions test with mot. Don't know what would be needed
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Was done January bought with 11 months mot
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:11 am

Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:47 am

Sorry to hear the news about the van Debz, a good link by Logo as a starting point. Have you contacted the MOT place for their take on the state of the van? Make sure you document everything in detail, faults with pics etc before you change anything otherwise it would end up with just your word against theirs. Get a written report fro your garage if you have had it tested yourself.
Raggy
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Buying and selling regularly makes you a trader in the eyes of the law, and brings with it legal obligations, a trader posing as a private seller is naughty and should they be reported and found to be as such will get a well deserved spanking from the authorities. Trading Standards are a good first call for advice.
It's an old van for not a lot of money, at sub 1k most traders are selling tarted up shite as there's no way to make a profit otherwise. ( I sold the wee Seicento I had for £600, I bought well and spent around £200 on it. It took me about a week all in to sort it out. I made £300. That's far from a weeks wage.)
Folk seem to trust people on a forum, and TBH I have dealt with Woody and Hj. Both I will happily recommend, but it was a risk as I don't actually know them and both are pretty far away to visit should it have been otherwise.
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:09 pm

I agree logi. I looked on here as I knew you guys knew better about these vans. It was risky and I chose to buy without looking but hearing and trusting a person on what they told me about the van was the reason I bought it. So to have had more issues on than van was not a big deal but to find out they knew about hijets and sold them on other sites was getting to me more especially when the one I bought was on ebay for spares or repair. That's why I know now the van has been patched up to pass the mot. I was a fool but I won't be fooled by any more rubbish as I am now going to sort this because the mot station must do this guy a favour to pass these vans he's selling so their just as bad as him. Seen quite a few vans being sold now by this man all have a similar story about it being a family members or was going to convert to camper what a lot of bull.
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Well called the mot station yesterday only 1 think I can say arrogant. They seem to think an mot only lasts the day it was done. No answers to my questions. surprise.hope he can answer the Dvsa.
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:29 pm

MOT actually is basically the day it's done, unless apparent fault that would make it unlikely to have developed(structural corrosion, brakes, steering)
What do you reckon shouldn't have passed?
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:03 pm

Well the fumes from the van definitely shouldn't have passed the emissions  so I got a retest as I didn't receive a copy with the mot and that failed was told  it should not have one the results. Break pads were advisory but the were very badly worn. Welding  was done in patches fair enough but the corrosion near the back when lifted up the carpet was not too promising..back break cylinder leaking. Hand brake not holding. Play in wheelbarrow not all big things but the high emissions is what got me to go have it checked.not sure if front headlight being brown inside is a fault. I know this van has passed when it shouldn't have and the garage can use anything to have passed emission test . If I could post pics I would but I can't. Fair enough about the mot being valid on the day but what about fraudulent ones why should these people get away with this. I am still putting my form in to Dvsa  and if all fails at least I've raised awareness to others.

Last edited by debz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Should say play in wheel bearing bloody predicted txt lol
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Not a single lock works by key may aswell carry a screw driver as thats what can lock and start the engine. The choke stays on and doesn't come off the heater is just cool gave moves a tiny bit so not sure of any issues there yet.
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:06 am

Hi Debz. If you have got photos you want to put up on the Forum WhatsApp them to me and I will put them up for you..
Woodie
Jet Addict

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:14 am

Just noticed that your Post is the 1000th subject on General Hi-Jet Discussion. Sorry, no prize but worrying information though. What was the name of the Garage Business??
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mally on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:13 am

It is alway a worry when an MOT is so new that you find all the problems.
Welding is most important before engine as safety of it falling apart while driving is dangerous to you and other road users.
I got mine for £205. And expected faults where as if i had bought one with 11 months MOT.  I would not be worried and drive carefree like an idiot not knowing.
Yes you should have looked if possible because of Buyer beware to put in plain English unlike how the law puts it.
But you still have rights as law has changed from sold as seen and you can claim all monies back plus costs such as courier , re-mot if you had one done , also also report them to MOT station to DVLA or the relevant to your country if outside uk.
It is frightening to think anyone would be in danger especially if children are using the the vehicle too , let alone any miss-
fortunate driver you may cause anguish with things falling off or out of vehicle which is why welding and no holes should be visible. IE. One hole + a nut or bolt falling out could be sure to anyone following you.
Ok right chassis rotted out as i found on mine. Could collapse and fold putting wheels out of line.
Engjne wise unless it's totally buggered you take your chances. Emotions can be cleaned up with stuff you pour into you tank for petrol or diesel that will clean you jets, pistons and exhaust, cat aswell and reduce emissions.
My van was rotted that much the tank was leaking petrol.

Anything else i missed or can help with let us know.

Mally

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:07 pm

What's happened has happened now but I won't buy from someone now unless I know there totally genuine about what's being sold. The van was a scap heap but its being sorted now. The seller known as Barry is not a genuine private seller he's a dealer of these vans selling on other sights and picking up vans blotching them up to make money and getting them threw mot from a friend who is obviously passing them wether there are faults or not. That's what pissed me off the stories of it was his brothers or his friends or got it to make a camper but really he knew about these vans and only wanted to put them back together like a jigsaw wether he had the parts or not as long as the engine turned on and it drove that was a sale for him. Honesty sells better Barry if I knew the faults I would probably still bought the van knowing all what it needed. Thanks to all the responses here as Well much appreciated.
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm

I won't buy from someone now unless I know there totally genuine about what's being sold

No one is genuine selling second hand cars. They list their virtues, not their faults.

Buying a second hand car without personally inspecting and testing the goods, and knowing what your are looking at - DO NOT DO THIS EVER, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, PROMISE ME!!!!!!

Unless you want to fund a court case, its yours now. Just don't spend more on it than its worth.

At £300 you could put it back on ebay as spares or repairs and get that back out of it.

Spending another grand fixing a rusty old shagger.... I wouldn't do it.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:41 pm

He your right I should have went to see it. It's mine now but Barry was still a rogue he knew what he was selling.
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:46 pm

I think that you have got your tenses mixed up there Debbie. " was a rogue" - past tense.
"is a rogue", present tense. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debz on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm sorry for all the rants though. I am just going to carry on with the van and see how it goes woody but clutch is buggered I knew this from the start but it's getting worse so need to replace it. Hope your well woody x
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Just don't spend more on it than its worth.

A virtue in life is knowing when to quit when you are ahead.

(thus why I don't drive a Hijet, sold each one while the going was good!)
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:
A virtue in life is knowing when to quit when you are behind

Laughing
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Tue May 09, 2017 8:15 am

Logi wrote:
HighlyJetted wrote:
A virtue in life is knowing when to buy a suzuki carry

Laughing
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 am

Logi wrote:
HighlyJetted wrote:
A virtue in life is knowing when to quit when you are behind

Laughing

Some never grasp that one.

I think I'm going to sell the bike engined hijet pickup. It was a nice project, but it just collects moss.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top