Blink code 52

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blink code 52

Post by tornas on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi there, glad to see the forum is still alive and kicking!

The Jet has not been very happy lately. The engine light has come on a few times and while driving on the highway the error/security mode kicks in once every 15 or 20 minutes. Diagnosis brought to light that it is error code 52, which should be vehicle speed sensor.

Any ideas as to which parts I should replace (Hijet 1.3 2000)?

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Re: Blink code 52

Post by scotia on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:54 am

scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 am

Speedo head has a sensor in it. You need to replace the speedo head or more easily the whole cluster.
Only problem there is your mileage on the Odometer will be out. I always strip the speedo out and replace it having stripped it down to alter the mileage to your existing mileage. When I sell a speedo head I ask the customer the current mileage and reset the Odometer to their mileage. Its a pain in the bum but it keeps the mileage history correct for the Mot records. Either that or put a disclaimer on the speedo or windscreen with the mileage it changed at and the new speedo reading. But most people can't be bothered to do it. I think that a Motor Trader has to put a disclaimer in the vehicle, but not certain.

You will probably find that if you stay around 40mph it won't happen, but obviously that is no use to anyone.
The speed sensor sends a message to the ECU and when it packs up like yours the ECU thinks that the engine is just ticking over and cuts down the fuel supply.
After a few minutes it resets itself and away you go again.
Woodie
Cinquecento

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top