Piaggio Porter 2007 van Oxygen Sensor

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Piaggio Porter 2007 van Oxygen Sensor

Post by Woodie on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 am

Join the Club Merlyn. It is literally only pills that are keeping me on This Mortal Coil. Without them I would have been dead some years ago.

The Lambda sensors I have used for some while have : 2 White wires which correspond to the 2 original Black wires. The Black wire corresponds to the original Blue Wire and the Grey wire corresponds to the original White wire.

With the one you have, I can only assume that the 2 grey wires correspond to the 2 Black wires and and the Black wire ( which is usually the Signal wire) corresponds to the Blue wire and the White wire to the original White wire.

Woodie
Jet Addict

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:51 am

Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:52 am

Hopefully that helps you out Merlyn.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MerlynHolmes on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm

....that's just what I thought and what I told him to do. I'll find out tomorrow and let you know how I get on.....I have a feeling you've not heard the last from me! Thanks so much for your assistance thus far......

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am

Sorry it has been sporadic help to you - and everyone asking for help. I am being kept very busy with jobs around the house, friends houses and getting jobs done on my own vehicles.

I am currently stripping down an X reg. 1600 Grand Move for the engine and the Alternator and Water Pump and Crank PolyVee pulleys as the set fetches £100!!. Plus saving the tow bar and lights and other Spares for my own Grand Move.

Hope your health improves Merlyn. Can't cope with this getting old lark. Another year older in March. Where have 68 years gone?? Don't bother to answer that Oldie. Razz
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Woodie wrote: Can't cope with this getting old lark . Another year older in March. Where have 68 years gone?? Don't bother to answer that Oldie. Razz

What do you mean 'Can't cope with this getting old lark'....you should've had plenty of practice at it by now lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by MerlynHolmes on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:16 am

.....told you you hadn't heard the last from me! He's tried wiring the plug in all ways suggested and it's still coming up as a fault on the diagnostic test. It's starting ok, but he's not tried driving it any distance. What do you suggest? I keep forgetting I've actually got a van!

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Get one from Woody then you know it should be right.
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Has he cleared the fault codes?
I think you can do it by disconnecting the battery for 30mins,
someone correct me if I'm wrong
buttondup
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:20 pm

The other thought that came to my mind is : was the original Lamda actually faulty and instead possibly a fault elsewhere.
These sort of problems need a Diagnostic Analyser. Has your garage got one, and does he know how to use it, only from your post it leads me to think he has from the fact that you said :
"It's still coming up as a fault on the Diagnostic Test. "

If he is just using an OBD2 Handheld Analyser then it may be that it is not reading the fault correctly.
A proper Diagnostic machine should find the fault. Also wondering if the Catalytic Converter has had it, as that would cause higher readings on the emissions test too.

Just thinking out loud. I hate trying to diagnose faults" over the phone " or by proxy like this. Unfortunately I don't have Matt - Highly Jetted's extensive knowledge of the electrical systems or the mass of Electronic kit he has.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MerlynHolmes on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm

.....hello! Still no further forward, so looks like I'm going to be buying two 02 sensors from you Woody.....he recomended changing both? I can't imagine the catalytic convertor is goosed as the van's only done 42k miles....then again, I would have assumed the 02 sensors to have lasted a tad longer too! He used a hand held diagnostic device....he also had an auto electrician verify that it's defo the 02 sensor. Anyway Woody, how do we go about this transaction and can you fix the plugs on before sending as you had previously suggested doing....just to be on the safe side!

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:58 pm

No sorry I am not getting involved in this wrangle. If your Garage has as you say tried all combinations of the wires then he may have done some damage to the ECU. Can't be sure of that but I am not sending out £100 worth of Lamda sensors to see this saga drag on. If you were on the Island and I had the vehicle then I would have a go at sorting it out. But as I said before I am not getting involved with problems like this by proxy.

It's up to your garage to sort it out.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MerlynHolmes on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:56 pm

....ok, well I'm kinda stuck here. I did start it up, but it wouldn't keep running and there was an awful stench of petrol. Whereas before, it was driving for a little while, then kangarooing a bit before finally stuttering to a halt. Does that provide ANY clue?

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 pm

I just took the plunge and shelled out for a universal Oxygen sensor for my 2001 HiJet and the seller had included a table
Maybe it will help you.
Colours : 2 White 1black 1Grey

A                      B                C               Honda              GM

Heater    white                  black          purple           black             brown

Heater     white                 black           white            black             brown

Signal      black                  blue            black            white             purple

Ground    gray                   white           gray             green              tan
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by MerlynHolmes on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:10 pm

....thanks for that. Unfortunately he tried all the combos and still not working. Do you lnow what make of 02 sensor I need for my 2007? Honestly, I'm at my wits end with this! Meanwhile, my van taxed MOT'd and insured is sitting just sitting there!

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by MerlynHolmes on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:23 pm

....can someone pleeeeeeze tell me what make of 02 sensors I need for my 2007 Piaggio Porter panel van. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze!

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum