Skylark Spoiler

Go down

Skylark Spoiler

Post by Raggy on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Eventually braved the cold in the garage to make a start on the rear spoiler for Skylark. Its based on one done previously by HJ but I am going to retain the central high stop light. The original spoiler is a Suzuki Ignis one that is you are lucky you can drop on them quite cheap on fleabay which is where mine came from. They are a nice match except they are too wide so a bit of chop chop (as the Mighty Car Mod guys say on Youtube) is required.
The spoiler when cut will match the existing ridges on the roof.

Spoiler fit for a Suzuki Ignis

Dimensions if anyone else fancies a go, measure twice cut once.

Spoiler now fit for a hijet
Tried it up to the van and a perfect match but I think a bit of strengthening at the joint lines is required as the masking tape seems to be a bit 'fragile' for a permanent solution Very Happy
Updates as soon as I brave the cold weather again!
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Re: Skylark Spoiler

Post by Raggy on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 pm

A little bit done in the garage and now I have thawed out I'll post the pics. Started to fix the shortened spoiler back together a bit more permanently. Used some plastic strips as bridging pieces across the join inside the spoiler. Glued them with polyurethane adhesive then screwed them through. When both ends are done I'll plastic weld the joints together as well. So far so good and well pleased with how they have aligned. Remembered to put some tube through for the cable for the lights...could have been a disaster if I had forgotten that as no spare room inside with plastic strips in to get a cable through afterwards!

Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum