led headlight bulbs for the hi jet

Go down

led headlight bulbs for the hi jet

Post by joetow on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:33 pm

hello is there a specific led headlight or hid bulb conversion kit for the hi jet the standard headlights are very dull esp on long dark roads if anybody has a link to any websites or a supplier in the london /uk area please drop me a message also who is the best supplier for batteries for these hi jets thanks in advance jt....

joetow

Back to top Go down

Re: led headlight bulbs for the hi jet

Post by Raggy on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Let us know what you have, 993, 1300, year, van etc. Will help with what advice is given. Don’t think there are any specific kits.
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by joetow on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:13 pm

1999 t reg hi jet rhd 1300 efi

joetow

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:23 am

Hi there. I tried the LED headlight bulbs - they do not work because the HiJet has switched earth for the dip switch - so the common pin is 12v + and the dip switch earths 12v- either the HiBeam pin or the Dip pin.
The LED headlight bulbs I sourced were for a switched 12v+ supplied either to Hibeam or Dip and the common pin to earth 12v-
If you really want to go to LED Headlight bulbs the solution is to use the present wiring to operate a pair of relays - a high beam on/off and a Dip on/off then the output could be wired as switched 12v+ and a common earth.
All my other lights side lights - indicators - rear lights are LEDs but I decided the Headlamps are not worth the hassle.
Jon
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Hid conversion will be a MOT failure from May, lots of new things as well as making old stuff exempt.
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum