"View posts since last visit" doesnt work anymore

Go down

"View posts since last visit" doesnt work anymore

Post by scotia on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:34 am

hi does anybody else have a problem with new posts not showing up?
i used to click on "View posts since last visit" every time i go on the forum, but the last week they dont show up anymore.
when i click on that it says no new posts but then when i look at different sections i see recently posted stuff.
And some timestamps that go with these posts are often not correct to... for example when i post at 11 in the morning it says posted at 7
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Re: "View posts since last visit" doesnt work anymore

Post by PFM on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:08 am

It's always worked fine for me but if, say, you refresh or post on another page on the forum (in a different tab) and then refresh the posts since last visit page you will get no new posts, because you've just visited on the other tab.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:06 pm

no its directly when i visit the first time on a day.
i do the same thing  ive done in years, i log in an it says no new posts now everytime
in the past i would log in and click the view new post and it would give me the new posts..it doesnt do that anymore.
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Like I said last night. This site is definitely in need of a lot of TLC. ( and a bit more) Leopard Pagan Please Please, pretty please come back and help us useless floundering males. We definitely need your talented Female Touch. It was your wonderful brainchild in the first place. Nobody knows it better.

I am going to phone you tonight and beg you on my bended knees. Bit late to send you flowers for Valentines day - but it's never too late to send flowers to say thank you. We'll it is in my Mother in Laws case and could soon be my mum's too. How is your mum getting on?

You still got the Vee Dub?? I had to help a young friend to rebuild his 125 Kawasaki a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ages since I have messed with a bike - well hair dryer. And I was dead chuffed Friday when it passed the MOT first time and no advisories either. So yesterday he was on the road for the first time and he brought me a bottle of Bailey's to say thank you. Really pleased for him.
Woodie
Jet Addict

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:49 pm

I have that VPSLV always on an open tab (used to be Firefox but started gobbling memory - am now using Vivaldi but that's doing same thing). When I wake PC from sleep and go to VPSLV and click refresh, I get the new posts. If I've just opened the browser the page is ready for me when I navigate to it.

Not sure why you need to log in all the time, and did you change anything else around the same time?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:33 pm

I have the same issue occasionally and noticed a while back that the time stamps were off. But it's a free site so can't complain too much. I have missed some posts, some replies to myself that have gone un noticed for some time (possibly even not noticed at all!)
I treat it a bit like my flat, very cluttered with things that "may be usefull one day" but when that day comes it may take quite some effort to find said "thing"
elfin girl
Cinquecento

https://www.facebook.com/bydonellamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 am

@pfm i mean when i visit the site for the first time, i said log in but it indeed logs me in automaticly.
Strangely when i just now got on the site it actualy did show me the new post since last visit correctly.
No i havent changed anything otherwise.

@elfin girl yeah i to missed some replies in the last time. And yes its a free site but if nobody says anything about when something isnt working correctly how would leopard pagan know there is something wrong? I am verry thankfull to people like leopard pagan who set this site up and maintain it.
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum