PUT YOUR HI-JET VAN ON A 2 STONE WEIGHT LOSS IN JUST 15 MINUTES.

Go down

PUT YOUR HI-JET VAN ON A 2 STONE WEIGHT LOSS IN JUST 15 MINUTES.

Post by Woodie on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:10 pm

This applies exclusively to Vans only. Not ones that are Dual Fuel either or MPV'S. You can shed two stone - 30lbs, in about 15 minutes.
However I would only recommend this weight loss if you regularly carry some weight in the back of your Van. The reason they are there is to apply some weight over the rear wheels when braking hard particularly in wet weather. The LSPV Valve is there to help stop the rear wheels locking up under hard braking..

First of all drop the Spare wheel and holder. Ideally you would be better jacking the back up 12 inches, but it is possible without doing that if you are not too rotund.
Once you have dropped the spare wheel you will see FOUR STEEL BARS bolted to the underside of the van floor with 13mm bolts. The one nearest to the back of the van is the heaviest one so a good idea to support it with a jack - - unless you are bit of a Bear like me. If it dropped on your head it would undoubtedly kill you or on your chest, break some ribs. Carefully remove all four of them. You will be surprised just how heavy the largest bar is.

I have removed the bars from around 12 or 13 vans giving me over quarter of a ton of clean steel to take to the Scrapyard. Unless I can find a use for them. Laughing
I will post some photos later on as my Tablet voltage is down to 18%.

Woodie
Jet Addict

http://thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PUT YOUR HI-JET VAN ON A 2 STONE WEIGHT LOSS IN JUST 15 MINUTES.

Post by scotia on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 am

yes i remember seeing them when i fitted the exhaust
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PvdB on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am

I know about them. I leave them where they are.
When I drive my van in the garage backwards to slow then the front wheels keep sticking behind the 4/5cm doorstep. Because the concrete floor is nice and smooth there is no traction.

The pick-up doesn't have these bars, but I noticed that the rear end of the floor is also very heavy. I was amazed about the weight when I cut of the part that holds the rear lights.

Another reason for keeping the weight on the rear tires is for the MOT.
When I picked up my pickup from MOT it was still standing on the thing that they use for testing the brake power. It was standing on the rollers that are build into the floor. Burned quite some rubber to get the front wheels out! Razz  
You should have seen their faces when they heard the tires scream Smilelol!
PvdB
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:00 pm

So why would anyone want remove them?

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PvdB on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm

less weight, more speed / fuel economy??

more burning rubber when taking a corner? Twisted Evil
PvdB
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Makes a nice paperweight for the desk Smile
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm

mine does the same.. i do burnouts sometimes to get over a 3cm high edge from my garage. Cool Laughing
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Well Oldie, as you are such a seasoned Mechanic and all round brain box,and photos poster
work it out for yourself.

You can now take and answer all the Mechanical enquiries and spares questions asked on the Forum and have everyone rely on you for answers and unstinting work preparing articles and pictures to help hundreds of Forum members out with very little thanks and appreciation for my time and loss of earnings spent answering questions and queries.and all the time having you keep taking the Piss. That is why Matt, Highly Jetted had enough and we lost the most Knowledgeable Hi-Jet man in the country thanks to the likes of people like you. Well Brainbox, you can take over from right now on.

So everyone if you want any questions answered message Oldie. I am taking a Sabatical.
So if you can't find answers you know who to blame now.

Many of you have my email address so if you need spares then drop me an email. I will do my best to help out there as Oldie the Brainbox doesn't have any spares to help out with.

I have just finished stripping an LPG Van today and have the whole system removed completely. I will also be stripping another LPG 1 owner Island Van, and 4 more Pick-ups two are tippers and two have LPG Systems too. So still got lots of spare parts and finding more things every day that I had forgotten I had got. Thoroughly enjoying it all too.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 am

So Woodie....how is asking a simple question 'taking the piss'.

I've never claimed to be a 'seasoned mechanic' or an IT boffin.

Matt and Highly Jetted leaving this Forum had nothing to do with any of my replies on here.

I also believed the many messages between you and myself was just friendly banter....and with that in mind, I have never once taken the piss out of YOU or anyone else on here.

Have a nice day.

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:48 am

scotia wrote:

Hi Scotia,

Thanks for the photo in your post showing the weight bars under your van. I have an MPV so don't have the bars, but I was intrigued by the lack of a load compensation valve on the back axle of yours. Has your valve been removed for maintenance or have you found a way to circumnavigate it without offending a MoT tester? These can be troublesome devices and at my last test I innocently asked if there was any way around its intended purpose - I got a rather frosty 'NO' response for my trouble. Just wondered.

Thanks,

John.
biofos
Clubman

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:53 am

Hi Oldie. I wasn't saying that you were responsible for Matt's staying away from the Forum and by the way Matt and Highly-Jetted are one and the same person. We have both spent hundreds of hours on here trying to help old members, new members Uncle Tom Cobbly and All. Matt far more than I but since he distanced himself from the Forum most people have looked to me for advice and help with spare parts which is something that Matt didn't have as much as I, and I don't have the incredible knowledge of the Technical side of the Hi-Jet that Matt has.
You were nothing to do with him distancing himself from here. He like me just got fed up with everyone take take take all the time and with very little appreciation for our work sorting problems and not earning money whilst doing that.

If you look back at your posts you will see that your comments have been more and more sarcastic at my efforts. I know I can't talk because I can and am very intolerant of fools or lazy people and I have been on many occasions less than polite to say the least.
But the only contributions I have seen from you are hundreds of mainly dirty jokes and nothing technical and helpful and I just reached breaking point with your comments about my post of losing the weights. It was sarcastic and don't say it wasn't because it was and well you know that.

I have had a lot to contend with my poor health, my Mother in law at deaths door for months on end and my Wife having to drive 185 miles up to Peterborough for weeks on end. I was on my Jack Jones for 3 weeks over Christmas and new year. She finally died on 1st of February and the Funeral was 2nd of March and I was too ill to go up there. My mother down in Merthyr Tydfil had two seizures in January and was in the Prince Charles Hospital and had an MRI scan and the Doctors told me that she had an inoperable Brain Tumor and hadn't got long to live.
They then transferred her to Mountain Ash for clinical nursing care. I got up there once 4 weeks ago taken up by my two son's and were going down this Easter Friday to see her but Monday morning at 3-40am I got a phone call from Stephanie the night nurse to say that she had died just ten minutes before at 3-30 am.
So now we have the logistics of bringing her back up to Hampshire for the Funeral and as the only son I'm mostly the one dealing with it all.

That is the other reason that I am distancing myself from the Forum as I can't cope with both. Hopefully once the funeral is over and the grieving subsided then I will return to the Forum again to help in whatever way I can.

I would appreciate that when I do that you will give me some breathing space and we can return to the friendship that we enjoyed several years ago exchanging details about groups we have seen etc which I thoroughly enjoyed.
So please bear with me and hopefully you can put this little " Tiff" behind you. I already have Oldie.
Regards Stuart.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 am

biofos wrote:
scotia wrote:

Hi Scotia,

Thanks for the photo in your post showing the weight bars under your van. I have an MPV so don't have the bars, but I was intrigued by the lack of a load compensation valve on the back axle of yours. Has your valve been removed for maintenance or have you found a way to circumnavigate it without offending a MoT tester? These can be troublesome devices and at my last test I innocently asked if there was any way around its intended purpose - I got a rather frosty 'NO' response for my trouble. Just wondered.

Thanks,

John.

i have no idea
it was just standard and i didnt remove it.
it could be because a difference in built year of the van.. or uk/netherlands difference.. or mpv vs panel van.
i honestly dont know.
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:27 am

thanx for clearing it up a litle woodie.
I think everybody on here knows youre a good guy and it helps that you explained youre current situation.
Take some time for yourself if you need it offcourse but youre input will be missed.
Greetings scotia Smile
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi Woodie,
I can remember you saying that your Mum had been transferred to Mountain Ash Hospital in the early part of February, now shocked and saddened at reading of the passing of your Mum......my sincere condolences.

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Thank you both very much. Almost everyone on here knows that I am an Ogre- but with a marshmallow heart and a Motor Mouth almost as fast as I drive.
Woodie
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum