HIJET IDENTIFICATION

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: HIJET IDENTIFICATION

Post by bretley on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Trouble is the 60 & 70 seris all look the same so it's impossible to identify them just by looking at pictures.
I am still waiting for someone to tell me whether this serial number JDA000S7600000167 means that i hav a S76,

bretley

Back to top Go down

Re: HIJET IDENTIFICATION

Post by scotia on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:50 am

i dont know the difference between the s66 and s76
the info is verry limited on both
with the white one from the picture below it just says: 1985–1986 Daihatsu Hijet (S76) 600 4WD cab chassis (Australia)
I dont know if the 600 says something about the engine size..

copied this from wikipedia
There was also an S70 series version of the S65. Indonesian-built Hijets (by P.T. Astra International) had a longer body on the same wheelbase, and was available with a variety of locally developed bodywork. They were fitted with the one-litre engine subsequent to a decree by the Indonesian government that the smallest car engine built in the country by 1985 would have to be one liter. The rear portion of the body was developed locally, and the dies were also manufactured in Indonesia, thereby lowering licensing fees and minimizing imports.[16] This Hijet was the most successful model in the fastest growing segment of the market, and represented one eighth of all local vehicle manufacture in 1983.[16]

i dont know whats the difference between the s76 cb23 or the s66 cb23 they look indentical and probably use the same parts..

bretley wrote:Trouble is the 60 & 70 seris all look the same so it's impossible to identify them just by looking at pictures.
I am still waiting for someone to tell me whether this serial number JDA000S7600000167 means that i hav a S76,
 Rolling Eyes  Neutral

you can google for parts and compare numbers to see if they are identical.
anyway.. im done.. im verry busy because im moving to another house and have spend to much time on this already.

good luck bretley.., and thanx for your kind words woodie Smile
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum