New poster stopped by to say hello

Go down

New poster stopped by to say hello

Post by vwgary on Wed May 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Howdy folks. I have a strange bird of a micro that has similar styling to the rest of the items posted here but not sure where I fit, or would be better off in a Suzuki F10A forum. It's a 2008 Chevrolet Super Carry (low floor/high roof) built in Ecuador. It has the Suzuki F10A engine and Samurai rear diff. From the factory as a 6 passenger window van. The 1 liter F10A is quite a slug, especially when navigating out of the deep valleys we have here in Ecuador. Otherwise when cruising about town, it is peppy, sort of. There is virtually nothing on the internet regarding these, only Suzuki Carrys. So, that is my tale of woe. Been cruising around this site for a week or so and thought I'd introduce myself. Name is Gary, AKA vwgary elsewhere on the web.

vwgary

Back to top Go down

Re: New poster stopped by to say hello

Post by Raggy on Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi, welcome, we accept all ‘micro vans’ on here, it’s just that most of the posts seem to be about Hijets but we do have some Suzuki Carry owners as well. Keep us posted how you get on.
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi and welcome. From the listing on mercadolibre.com they look like re-badged Suzuki Carrys, and the engine would confirm that. So, all you have to do is drop the word 'Chevvy' and we know what you're talking about!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgary on Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Thanks for the warm greetings and will post as I go. I used Chevrolet because that is what it is badged with and to point out the fact there is 0 info out there on these. Plus the Suzuki Carry's don't use the F10A engine. But yes, it is identical to the earlier Suzuki versions. A friend here has the single cab pick up version also badged Chevrolet.

vwgary

Back to top Go down

Post by scotia on Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm

welcome Smile the suzuki supercarry and bedford rascal are the same, i would try the bedford rascal page or the australian carry owners page on facebook.
scotia
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum