European Certificate of Conformity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

European Certificate of Conformity?

Post by Steve on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi, I am trying to import a '99 Hijet into Jersey in the Channel Islands. They will not do this without the "e" number which I am told is stamped on the body somewhere?! This number allegedly confirms that the vehicle is built to European standards. Does anybody know if there is a number on the vehicle or if there is a general Certificate of Conformity available? Many thanks.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Re: European Certificate of Conformity?

Post by HighlyJetted on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:17 pm

I don't know the answer to this but I have a few possible leads:-

Check the chassis plate under the drivers seat, from memory some manufacturers declare the approval there. But you've probably done that already.

Next is the manual, but I bet you've checked that too Laughing

If not, I believe you can contact Daihatsu UK and they will produce you a "Certificate of Vehicle Type Approval" or "EU whole Vehicle type approval certificate"

Might be barking up the wrong tree, i've read or heard about this in the past with re-registering cars in Germany. Over here in the UK you can just put them in for an SVA or something and approve them one by one.

I hope I am not misleading you, but I thought I'd speak my mind. Good luck, it should be doable.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Right to see if I was talking poo, as I often do, and then have to admit to being wrong - which hurts my big man ego Laughing Laughing Laughing I've done a little research to hopefully help your cause....

oldminiman1 replied on 21/11/2008 at 20:05:
Hi
Thanks for the inforation on Post 1998 cars and Euro Wide Conformity, that explains why my Audi was so quick however my friends Daihatsu Hijet, (Piaggio Porter) has been refused and a C of C has been demanded. A copy from Daihatsu UK has been rejected and he has written to Piaggio twice and both letters have been ignored. Where does he go now??
mike

Followed by

Sunday Driver replied on 22/11/2008 at 11:08:
Mike
Just when you though it was getting simpler.... ;>)
Commercial vehicles do not yet fall within EUWVTA so they have to be locally approved by each EU member state. That means your friend has to apply to Daihatsu France for a French type approval certificate.
The address is:
Daihatsu France, P.A. des Bethunes, 1 ave du Fief, St Ouen L'Aumone, 95005 CERGY PONTOISE
Tel: 01.34.30.63.63

Then

oldminiman1 replied on 01/12/2008 at 22:21:
Thanks for that Sunday Driver. We have sent off the latect conformity from the UK again to see what they say this time. The certificate is a duplicate, stamped and signed by and on behalf of DAIHATSU. If they refuse then I will go to Daihatsu France for their advice.

As a matter of interest my original Daihatsu Sportrak took 11 Months and having been given a certificate of non conformity, it had to be inspected by the DRIRE. THis took place at Laval where the E numbers on the glass were checked and the chassis numbe nothing else. I had to remove the underseal from the chassis stamp as he refused to. Conformity was then given. My second Sportrak took 3 days. It seems that once they have the correct number of bits of paper life gets easier so I always innundate them with copies of everything, photo's as well. The Sous Prefecture at Chateau Gontier is terrific and very aware of the needs or is it greed of both the DRIRE and the Prefecture for Paper and always gets the Carte Grise issued rapidly by photo copying every item you provide. I recommend him in preference to the Prefecture at Laval although you have to wait a bit longer as he can't issue one direct. It is worth noting that if the DRIRE refer it back to the Manufacturer, via the Sous Prefecture, he will, if asked, issue a temporary Carte Grise to satisfy both the Gendarmes and the Insurance companies, but you have to ask!

mike

So it would seem if its a van or pickup then you may have a funny game to play at it would seem they don't have to conform, yet if its an MPV you'll have no problem.

Link to original post about importing into france :- http://brittany.angloinfo.com/forum/printtopic.asp?Topic_ID=82307
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks for the link to the forum. I have searched the vehicle and handbooks and no joy with any number. I figure next move is to get in touch with Daihatsu UK and see what they can offer. She is an MPV so hopefully I am in luck!

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Good luck Steve,

If you get one it would be lovely if you could scan it or take a photo so fellow hijet ex-pats can see that it does really exist. There will be more like you through here in time.

But definitely let us know how you get on.
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top