Like Buses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Like Buses

Post by pasiro on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 pm

You wait for ages and two come along Very Happy

I went an looked at a Hijet bus type with seats last Thursday, then a window van that had a bed but no seats on Friday, both in fairly good condition for their age, the first one went for £835 with substantial amount of tax and test, but that was 20 above my highest bid Sad The second sold for £690 with no tax and only short test, I offered them £600 0n the spot which they didn't accept but now the winner has let them down they've phoned me Laughing
Too late since I picked one up yesterday for just £800 with a years MOT and six months tax and the best body work out of the three, and it's only done 60,000 Laughing

It seams a great little thing, not been far yet only about 40 miles but it's fun, still not sure how quick to take the corners, it doesn't half feel like it's going to fall over, and they have a hatred for speed bumps bounce

pasiro
Clubman

http://chorc.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Like Buses

Post by rich the mechanic on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:01 pm

tell sammyboy he's still after one.
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:25 am

I'm onto the window van - that was why my question regarding the seats. They have a rock and roll bed that was made to measure, but they're inconveniently in Rotherham, and I'm inconveniently in Southampton. Knowing that someone got them to part with it for £690 is interesting though; they might take a full offer and throw in the bed too. I really need seats though, from somewhere.....

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:00 am

I bit the bullet and made a deal, with the rock and roll bed thrown in. I'll need to source a set of seats, and hopefully cut holes in their laminate floor so I can add or remove the seats with that floor in place. Can't pick up til 1st Nov, but I'm very excited!

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by pasiro on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 am

He'd got it elsewhere for £1200...good luck to him on that.
The bed came with it.
I offered him £600 and he refused, then rang me back asking me if I wanted it after the £690 bidder had let him down, but I'd already got this one by then.
It's up for sale once more, or was this morning, for £850 or offers...bit steep I think to say there's no tax and shortish test.

pasiro
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 am

Well, I bought it. They had listed the bed seperately, but I got a price with it included. All I need now is a set of seats.

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by pasiro on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Well, I've seen it and been a ride in it, runs well but bodywork could be better, not too bad though for year, a few things a little loose etc, and patched up Laughing

pasiro
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Can you point me as to what you noticed? I won't get to see it til the 1st Nov, but I made it clear my agreement to buy was only if it met the description.

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by pasiro on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Nothing major for a van of that age, it all depends on what you're paying as to whether the things that are wrong are are problem or not and some of the things he did tell me so he does seem honest enough.
Apparently the sump had quite a few holes in but has been mended and been coated in something or other and he says it doesn't use a drop of oil now.
I think if I remember one of the door handles is a little loose (I may be wrong on that one as I can't remember everything) but definitely one door, the back I think, the key bit is a tad loose.
The heater gets luke warm only.
I'm not sure if the photos showed it but there's a big strip of none matching paint on one side where it's been repaired, i.e. rust sanded away and repainted, there's also a few smaller bits the same, which you'd expect anyway.

Really the sort of issues you'd find with a van that age anyway Rolling Eyes

pasiro
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Yeah, I'm alright with all of that. I've only ever paid more than £1000 for a vehicle in my life, so I'm accustomed to those sorts of things. I've previously been a hydraulic Citroen man, too, so I'm accustomed to nothing electrical working with any reliability.

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top