Antifreeze

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antifreeze

Post by RED on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi, my van didnt come with an owners manual, so could you tell me how much antifreeze I should put in after I've flushed the system through and refilled. Also, any tips on the flush through & refill I should be made aware of. Thanks. (1000cc petrol 1996)

RED

Back to top Go down

Re: Antifreeze

Post by rich the mechanic on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi take the bottom rad pipe off beware spring clip may fail so get or make sure you can get a jubilee clip or similar if it does then remove caps and let drain you should collect it in a suitable container and then do something like dispose of carefully (at the local tip I presume) once empty refit hose and fill with either ready mix of concentrate diluted as on the bottle I think you need about 5 litres maybe 8 I think ours took more than I expected with all caps of and the rubber bung removed from the heater matrix found just above to drivers side of the rad cap fill till coolant overflows from top of engine refit this cap then top up refit rubber bung and rad cap run up till fan cuts in twice and let cool down then top up at the rad.
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top