Exhaust silencer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exhaust silencer

Post by Little Black Van on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Hey, looking for a new silencer for my exhaust, as my current one is so wrecked that when I patch one hole, another appears. It's currently got a baked bean can and three jubilee clips strung together to patch the biggest hole, but mainly just to stop it rattling.

I've been looking at prices, and I'm looking at £55-60 for a new one, which is a bit pricey, I was hoping £40-45 for something that small. Is this the cheapest I can find? Also, I notice different silencers are sold for the 1.0 and the 1.3 versions, can one be fitted to the other, and will it be as effective? Since on the pictures they look identical. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks. Smile

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Re: Exhaust silencer

Post by EvaInNorfolk on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Where did you find one so cheap?! I've just paid £90 + £10 postage for silencer / pipe and thought that was a bargain as the "local" dealer was asking £217!! affraid

Glad you had a good experience with cans and jubilee clips. The beans and exhaust fume joke applies here cheers Like it!
EvaInNorfolk
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by waz on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:43 pm

I also paid 90 + 10 p&p never seen one at £50/60.

Waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Black Van on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 am

I found it on ebay, although there is no picture, just the drawing from (presumably) the workshop manual: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXDU6001-DAIHATSU-HI-JET-1-0-Exhaust-Rear-Tail-Pipe-/120824245761?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c21afae01

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top