Fitting parabolic springs to a Hijet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fitting parabolic springs to a Hijet

Post by bushwhacker on Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Would fitting parabolic springs to a Hijet improve it's ride performance over speed humps and speed cushions?

There are too many of the dreaded things around here and makes driving a pain at times and too slow (it also grossly upsets the speed demon morons who don't like being held up at humps!).
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Re: Fitting parabolic springs to a Hijet

Post by oldie on Thu May 31, 2012 8:11 am

bushwhacker wrote:(it also grossly upsets the speed demon morons who don't like being held up at humps!).

That's one of the bits of driving our vans Twisted Evil , Very Happy .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by waz on Thu May 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Down here in Maidstone the jet fits nicely between the humps so no need for me to slow down. Had a cop follow me one day, said he was glad not a lot of jets around else they would have a field day.

Waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by bushwhacker on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:59 pm

The speed cushions are a little close together around here. The jet can go between but the wheels pass about half way up the slope both sides so it can be a little better.

One day though I went between a speed cushion and an island in the middle of the road with the jet tipping slightly right. When I cleared it and looked in my mirror I could see the Vauxhall which had been following me stuck at an odd angle across the road. I somehow think he regretted blindly following!
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 pm

bushwhacker wrote:The jet can go between but the wheels pass about half way up the slope both sides so it can be a little better.
Not so good for your tyres though! We have one road where I can pass between alternate cushions and the kerb (if no idiots have parked there), the others I can clear between them. I had a VW LT a few years back and the track was wide enough to completely straddle the local cushions - like you I fooled a few people into thinking they didn't have to slow down!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top